Is it true about PIP LAW CAHANGES? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it true about PIP LAW CAHANGES?

Comments

• bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 187 Courageous
    Does anyone know how long dwp take to get back to you regarding the points increase.  I rang but they said you your pip increase can't be done over the phone and left a note on my account
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Hi Bobby 
    Am waiting on the same now I've not heard anythink as yet hopefully some one on here as a answer for you 
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
    Hi all Hope your all well 

I somewhat confused 

About the pip  points  relating to this  topic 

• Toffee
    Hi has the law on pip changed on a couple of there points scoring system. The most recent one is engaging face to face. So anyone affected by this should of gained more points. Which means ppl will be entitled to back pay from 2016 if effected. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    As mentioned above, the law changed only on the 'Engaging with other people face to face' descriptor/activity, & only where, if a change was made, this would result in an award, or an increase in an existing award of the daily living component. So a person would need to have 6 or 7 points already, or 10 or 11 before their claim would be looked at again. This also only relates to some people who got a decision on PIP between 6th April 2016 & 17th September 2020. Not everyone will get more points.
  • Toffee
    Hi yes am waiting on Yr 16  two 18  reports of pip if I remembered I scored 7 points. 2018 /20222 I scored 11  points  2points  of that question.so am waiting to see what they come up with 

• hass
    Hi all Hope your well

If you already get enhanced rate    does it still apply 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    hass said:
    Hi all Hope your well

If you already get enhanced rate    does it still apply 

No because you already have the maximum award and scoring more points wouldn't achieve anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    I still think there's more to this that they're letting on. A little like the following and planning a journey changes, so many people had their hopes up of being owed backdated money... yet i've heard of very few people.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Toffee
    They come up with something poppy they always do 
  • hass
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 187 Courageous
    chiarieds said:
    As mentioned above, the law changed only on the 'Engaging with other people face to face' descriptor/activity, & only where, if a change was made, this would result in an award, or an increase in an existing award of the daily living component. So a person would need to have 6 or 7 points already, or 10 or 11 before their claim would be looked at again. This also only relates to some people who got a decision on PIP between 6th April 2016 & 17th September 2020. Not everyone will get more points.
    Hi
    I scored 11 points and 2 for that question, it should be changed to 4 points going by the changed criteria.  I was wondering how long it will take to be looked at
  • chiarieds
    Hi @bobby123 - I don't even know if they've started looking at those awards that are relevant, sorry, & it's not guaranteed your award will change. If we hear anything further, it will be mentioned on the forum.
  • Toffee
    I received a letter today there sending me my reports from 2016 it stated this can take a Callander month.that was the reguest link poppy sent. 
    I also posted my two letters of my cbt therperist and asked  them to look into this matter. My letters should go down as change of circumstances I think. Will keep you all updated. 

• poppy123456
    Very risky reporting a change of circumstances without first getting expert advice. A change of circumstances means more forms and potentially a telephone assessment. Face to face assessments are still suspended.
  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Toffee said:
    Is it true the points system  as changed on pip? and any points scored  on prompt you should  of been scored supervision = 4 points?
    And there going to reveiw claims back to 2016?
    As I read this on Google news today  and it said mind was backing this 
    Hi Toffee. I have been misscored. I tried all week trying to contact pip they kept cutting me off. Will
  • chiarieds
    Hi Will,
    chiarieds said:
    This only affects some people awarded between 6th April 2016 & 17th September 2020. Only those where if the points would mean an award would be given, or if it would change an award from the standard, to the enhanced rate, will be contacted. When the DWP will look into this I don't know. Here's a link which summarises this: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/images/image/samples/PIP_engage_changes.pdf

• Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
  • Toffee
    Hi parrot 123 it's a joke to get through on the telephone I hope you get through keep trying I wrote to em recorded delivery in the end 
  • Toffee
    Hi poppy yes it is  ievery think is Risky Where there concerned. 've professional help on stand by so hear is hopeing its so wrong it's disgusting the way they treat us for having disabilities. 

Brightness