Update PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update PIP

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
my cousin was well made up because he’s got himself a cleaning job 12 hours a week. he’s on enhanced for daily living and was worried about working despite you being allowed, just wanted to say thanks for everyone’s advice. the points he’s got doesn’t stop him travelling to back safely on his own ect ect. so didn’t gain points he SHOULDNT of got. PIP no now anyway, I told him you don’t have to by law even declare your working full stop. even PIP said on the phone you don’t even no to tell us as that’s not deemed as a change you need to inform us about. Only address / bank details ect ect. anyway he’s made up with his job and he’s smiling again. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for updating us @samfits99, this is great news! I hope the job goes well for him. :)
    Scope

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    thats great @samfits99, of course many people do work and claim/receive PIP, what you have to watch out for is as and example you get PIP for not being able to climb stairs and your job involves climbing ladders all day (yes I know thats an extreme example but you get the drift? )
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @samfits99 - I'm pleased your cousin is doing well. He must be Sandra_63 's son (I thought there must be a connection between you all). Sandra must have told you about the advice members gave her, as this is the first time you've mentioned this cousin. :)
  • samfits99
    @woodbine oh I completely agree. The points he gets doesn’t affect him going back and forth to worth safely ect ect. but he’s I totally agree! I thought personally you did have to notify them if you work but Gov PIP says you don’t have to notify us. Unless your getting points you shouldn’t be getting as you can carry out that task ect 
  • samfits99
    @chiarieds thank you. there is no connection at all. thank you though he’s made up ! just says he doesn’t have any friends and it upsets him 
  • chiarieds
    I was just puzzled because you haven't asked about your cousin before, but I do remember being one of the members trying to advise Sandra_63 about her son working whilst getting PIP. That was also a bit confusing. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm very suprised there's no connection between you all because you ask the same questions as @Sandra_63 and @ChloeHibbert
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samfits99
    @chiarieds I can assure you and everyone else I am not connected to anyone on here. I’m on here for advice as I think it’s great on here. my friend said PIP can look at your bank account ..... I called PIP up and asked and they said it’s a load of rubbish we can’t. only if someone is suspected of fraud then they would investigate but apart from that no “!
  • chiarieds
    Well, as often advice is given on here, & not everyone says thank you, it's good of you to thank us all for advice you haven't asked for, & we haven't given, as regards your cousin. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    chiarieds said:
    Well, as often advice is given on here, & not everyone says thank you, it's good of you to thank us all for advice you haven't asked for, & we haven't given, as regards your cousin. :)
    A good example of where a "thanks" button would be a good idea 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.