Is it true about PIP LAW CAHANGES? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it true about PIP LAW CAHANGES?

Comments

• Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    There trying video calls now poppy to trying it out on 500  ppl two 
  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Community member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Toffee said:
    Hi parrot 123 it's a joke to get through on the telephone I hope you get through keep trying I wrote to em recorded delivery in the end 
    @Toffer they keep cutting me off. A whole week a joke
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    A lot of DWP advisors are still currently working from home. No, it's not ideal but with Covid, they really have no choice. Many will also have families at home, which may cause problems for them sometimes while working. I know it's the DWP but these are extremely difficult times for everyone.

Try ringing early in the morning as soon as they open.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Toffee
    That's awfull parrot123
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I got 4 points for that question and I remember seeing in the report she had wrote needs her nurse to help  her With communication When my partner helps me more than my mental health team .

im happy with what I scored with my pip award . But I hope others get the Back pay from points they should of got . 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    cupcake88 said:
    I got 4 points for that question and I remember seeing in the report she had wrote needs her nurse to help  her With communication When my partner helps me more than my mental health team .

im happy with what I scored with my pip award . But I hope others get the Back pay from points they should of got . 

The points you scored here are correct, regardless of who helps you with this activity. It doesn't have to be a professional person.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Toffee
    Hi all quick update 
    Still not had my reports as I requested. 
    Still not heard anything as yet. 
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    Toffee said:
    Hi parrot 123 it's a joke to get through on the telephone I hope you get through keep trying I wrote to em recorded delivery in the end 
    I got through on Tuesday but it took 45 mins 
  • Toffee
    Did you get anywhere with them so confused? 
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    I was only calling for something simple - was nothing related to any law changes. Sorry can't add any more 
  • Toffee
    Oh I see ty for writing bk soconfused 
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 187 Courageous
    The DWP are working from 2016 onwards informing people who have had theirs increased, it will take a while to go through all of the ones affected
  • leslieS
    leslieS Community member Posts: 4 Listener
  • Toffee
  • Toffee
    Thank you Bobby for your update on the matter
  • Toffee
    I received all my pip reports dated back to 2016 today
    I'll now wait to see what they say about pip law changes. Then if needed I hand them over to a welfare rights professional. To check all for me 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    My award was supposed to be reviewed  2021 but they done it already and I am enhanced on both indefinet  I phoned them and they said I won't need another review  for at keast ten years so happy about that
  • poppy123456
    My award was supposed to be reviewed  2021 but they done it already and I am enhanced on both indefinet  I phoned them and they said I won't need another review  for at keast ten years so happy about that

Just so that you're aware there are no indefinite awards for PIP and the longest award is 10 years. Indefinite awards were only for DLA, which no longer exists for those between 16 and state pension age.
  • Toffee
    That's brilliant news for you lisathomas50
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi on my letter it says indefinite  10 years  I only had it two weeks ago  maybe its an error  lol  ha ha  I received  my disabled bus pass today now we on lockdown ha ha I can drive but can't until I have my eye test 

Brightness