CRPS flare up pain is really intence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CRPS flare up pain is really intence

gaza324
gaza324 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi I am in the start of a flare up the pain is intense has anybody got any helpful tips  to try and ease pain without adding more pain killers

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gaza324

I don't have personal experience of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) so unfortunately am not in a position to offer advice.  

I'm guessing you are under a hospital team and your CRPS is being managed by them?  What have they recommended?  I'd make sure they are aware exactly just how much pain you are in so they can taper your medication accordingly.  

By the way, I'm sorry you are going through this  :(  it must feel really rough and draining.  How are you today?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • gaza324
    I’m fine in myself am back to work tonight it’s just I can’t help getting wound up with the pain the disease has already taken so much already and I’m about to be made redundant and maybe the stress of this has also aggregated the pain I have lived with CRPS for a number of years will try watch some rubbish on tv and wait until I’m tired but thank you for getting back to me 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @gaza324 Stress can definitely be a trigger of flare up's.  I have an autoimmune condition and mine does exactly the same.  Please let us know if we can help if it does come to you being made redundant.  

In the meantime, feet up and get watching some telly.  You have to do what your body tells you and it sounds like you need a rest! :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • gaza324
    thank you I will let you know how I get on it’s a worrying time as I have progressed in the CRPS and now have a mobility issue requiring crutches to walk and have never been disabled looking forward a job the challenge will either make me or break me  
  • Cher_Alumni
    No problem, also remember that employers have a legal obligation to make reasonable adjustments for your impairment so it should never come to the point where it's aggravating your CRPS more.  

Enjoy your Sunday!

Brightness