Hi, im fazz! Can you advise me about the PIP MR process? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, im fazz! Can you advise me about the PIP MR process?

Options
fazz
fazz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, 
My partner's PIP claim has been rejected after been on it for the past 10 years, the assessor, had rejected the claim after doing a telephone consultation and sending her report to DWP, by providing all the wrong information, which we didn't say and agreed. Now we have spoken to DWP for mandatory consideration, but may I ask, what will happen next, has anyone been through this process and how long did it take and what was end result. 

I will appreciate, if anyone has a legal back ground as well, who can help us to move forward, it could be upto the appeal process, if the MC doesn't go accordingly. Thanks 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi @fazz

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that your partner's PIP claim was turned down. Best of luck with the appeal, I'm sure our users will offer their experience and insight on the topic.

Just to let you know, I have moved your discussion to our PIP category, as it will fit in better over there.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

PIP was only introduced in April 2013 so it's not possible to have been claiming it for 10 years.

Did you put the MR request in writing? If you didn't then i'd advise you to do this by using this form here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/challenge-a-decision-made-by-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-dwp or writing a letter if you don't have a printer.

You should put where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Also add who was with you, where it happend and a detailed explanation of exactly what happened.

It can take up to 10 weeks, sometimes longer for the MR decision to be made, once it has if the decision hasn't changed then your next step is to request the Tribunal.

You don't need anyone legal to give any advice here and you you don't need to pay anyone for this advice. Start with this link here to see what's local to you for further advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome sorry to hear about the Pip lots of people have been through this and there are lots of posts in the PIP section which you may find helpful 
  • fazz
    fazz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, please let me correct myself for the mistake, i made, it was DLA and now PIP. I will definitely take this opportunity to write everything in detail again, even though I did fill the form up in detail. Hence, the assessor, never mentioned anything in detail in the report that was sent to me by DWP letter of rejection. Because, i never saw anything about the medication, symptoms and the ongoing struggle, my partner suffers in the rejection letter. Which is annoying now, the wait, the debts of borrowing and the struggle even more now financially. Lets see what happens now. Thanks again for the guidance. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully you get a positive outcome @fazz and that the information here has been helpful. Let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @fazz :) How are you getting on today? 

I'm glad that the above advice has helped. Please feel free to stick around and get involved in our other discussions. The virtual coffee lounge is a great place to start!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.