EHCP complaint — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

EHCP complaint

Options
GKBM
GKBM Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited November 2020 in Education
Hi All, just to let you know that I proceeded with Stage 1 council complaint due to Council unable to finalize EHCP timely making it more specific however did not get any satisfactory response hence now we are stage 2. 

I am still to hear response on stage 2 escalation however just to know can school force child to change school which is easiest way saying if you are not happy, please change the school than addressing the issues.

We are not demanding any funds etc but we are demanding EhCP to be more specific, we are requesting short term,.long term targets to be shared with Parents, Provision mapping and progress to be shared with Parents, Is it too much to ask for in EHCP, please advise.

Regards 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi sorry I dont really know anything about EHCP but I hope other members may be able to guide you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GKBM - I'm sorry that I'm unaware of the different stages of complaint to your Council with the problem you're having. However, it stands to reason that an EHCP needs to be specific, & tailored to your child's needs to be effective. I'm possibly sending you info you're aware about, but sending just in case. Please see: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/special-educational-needs-support-at-school-sen-ehcp/#The-EHCP-process
    You have possibly already done this also, but have you been in touch with IPSEA and SENDIASS ?

• GKBM
    Options
    Thanks for your response, I have seen both IPSEA and SENDIASS
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Personally I would tend to urge on the side of patience during this unusual and prolonged period of problems i.e covid 19, councils are understaffed and over worked atm.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• GKBM
    Options
    But this is pending since Feb 20 with no progress by Council at all.
  • cornishmummy
    cornishmummy Scope Member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    GKBM said:
    Hi All, just to let you know that I proceeded with Stage 1 council complaint due to Council unable to finalize EHCP timely making it more specific however did not get any satisfactory response hence now we are stage 2. 

I am still to hear response on stage 2 escalation however just to know can school force child to change school which is easiest way saying if you are not happy, please change the school than addressing the issues.

We are not demanding any funds etc but we are demanding EhCP to be more specific, we are requesting short term,.long term targets to be shared with Parents, Provision mapping and progress to be shared with Parents, Is it too much to ask for in EHCP, please advise.

Regards 
    Did you sort this matter out? Can’t see date when this was posted. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It was posted November 2020 @cornishmummy :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness