How long have you waited to hear back about your PIP claims form? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long have you waited to hear back about your PIP claims form?

Olliedogzzzz
Olliedogzzzz Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi all I sent my pip claims form back on 9th June/2020 I know it is a difficult time has anyone waited longer

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Under normal times it can take several months, sometimes longer. Although there's really no timescales, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    sent my renewal back and aprox 8 wks later got a letter from capita with phone assement date which was aprox another 3 wks. as poppy sometimes say (i think) depends on area you are in. maybe i was very lucky as mine was all sorted in about 13 wks if i remember right. is this your first claim olliedogzzzz ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Olliedogzzzz hi how are you this evening? you could telephone and see what's happening, but if you decide to do that phone early in the morning when they are less busy.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming đź’ˇ

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Sent my pip 2 in late June, had phone assessment about mid October and money in my account literally a week after that...first claim for mental health so fully expected to have to do mr etc but no, thankfully was successful  and awarded till April 23, which I was very surprised and glad about  :)
  • Olliedogzzzz
    Hi poppy,ernie,and woodbine thanks for your replys I'm ok hope your all ok too this is my first claim I just keep calling nearly every day,yesterday after 40 mins I I got though the operator could not hear me and keep asking me to repeat myself (I'm trying to claim for my son) I managed to give his name to the lady on the phone she told me she will not be contiuing with the call because their is an (not sure of the first word somthing like election erro she then she gave me a phone number to call I did the number was not in use its so frustrating trying to get through I been trying for weeks to speak to sombody sorry for the rant
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2020
    I thought you said you returned the forms in June, is this correct? Or are you ringing DWP daily to start a claim for your son?

If you returned the form in June, a successful claim can take several months, sometimes longer. Most people are having telephone assessments because paper based assessments are rare. If a telephone assessment is needed then they will contact your son, or you, if you're his appointee.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Olliedogzzzz
    Hi poppy yes I did return my claims form in June I managed to get though to pip today (after 2 hours ) but they said that I didnt have claim made and to apply again I don't understand because i know I sent the form back. So now I have to start agin, I'll do it tomorrow I've had enough of the phone today
  • poppy123456
    That's odd. Did you get proof of posting when you returned the form? In your first comment you said you sent your forms back but then you said you're trying to apply for PIP for your son. Is this a claim for you or your son? If it's your son is he over the age of 16?
  • Olliedogzzzz
    Hi poppy sorry for not making myself very clear, I didn't get proof of posting when I sent my claims form back in June the claim is for my son he is 51yrs. When I called pip today they said I need to make a new claim very confusing.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.