Help needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help needed

Options
samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Just seeing if anyone can help. I live with my mum and brother ..... can I go stay at my girlfriends house for a few nights or would I be breaking the law? thanks everyone 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @samfits99, that all depends on which law we are talking about does it not? and for how long you mean, is that a few nights as a one off, or a few nights a week on a regular basis, it also depends on which if any benefits she is claiming
    So as you can see as usual much more info is needed before anyone can give you correct advice, but well done on getting a girlfriend can't be easy during lockdown.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It also depends on where you live right now. If you live in England and your girlfriend lives with her parents then no, Covid guideline announced by the Government mean we are in a lockdown until 2nd December and if your girlfriend isn't part of your "support bubble" then you can't go, unless of course you ignore them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    Options
    Good point @poppy123456

• samfits99
    samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    Options
    @poppy123456 spoken to my local police force and they said if she lives on her own which she does it's fine. so I'm happy ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Which was why i said, if she lives with her parents.... had you said she lives alone then the answer would have been simple.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope you enjoy seeing your girlfriend @samfits99 :) 

It's always best to check these days before visiting somebody, you did the right thing asking :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    Options
    @samfits99 it may matter what benefits she is claiming and when you say visit do you mean a one off visit or regular visits?

Brightness