DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP

wilko
wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just seen an update, there are 274970 claimants waiting to start the migration process from DLA to PIP. This going to be a long transition period for many. Also the DWP are extending current PIP awards from 12 to 18 months and reviews and change of circumstances are being held back so that assessments of new claimants can be held and if approved money put  into their accounts.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Is that274970 people aged between 16-65?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Although they are extending awards this doesn't mean you won't still receive your review form at anytime. People on here have had awards extended but received their review form within weeks of getting their award extended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing does anyone know where they are with reviews for LCWRA at present  
  • poppy123456
    janer1967 said:
    Thanks for sharing does anyone know where they are with reviews for LCWRA at present  

The work capability assessment is totally different and for this you can be reviewed anytime from 3 months. In the meantime, it's an ongoing award until a decision's been made on your next review. Backlogs are huge for this at the moment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • wilko
    @woodbine, the item didn’t say but I expect it’s the figures you posted, as for reviews being sent out shortly after awards have been extended it could be an automatic notification by the DWP IT system. The lady I spoke with today assured me all new claimants where being assessed first so they have money going into their account if PIP is awarded, reviews and change of circumstances will be attended to afterwards. There are I believe a lot of new claims being made be people who think they may or should be awarded PIP. ESA is running as usual.
  • poppy123456
    ESA isn't running as usual. There's backlogs for the work capability assessment. People are waiting for face to face assessments to start back up again because they can't get enough of information through a telephone assessment alone. I don't call this "running as usual"

@wilko may i ask who told you this?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    As far as PIP goes, I also know of some who've received a PIP review form, then a couple of days later have received a letter from the DWP extending their claim! So yes, as Poppy says, still expect to receive a review form at any time, despite any 'given' extension.
    @wilko - if you have a link to the info on the number of claimants waiting to migrate from DLA to PIP that would be helpful.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @wilko PIP is done on a regional basis NOT national, and some areas as ever are busier than others as above a link would be helpful otherwise its just opinion not fact in this case.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wilko
    @ Poppy123456, hello the champion, I read the information about DLA to PIP from the same source as a previous poster, as for ESA I was trying to find out an approximate date for my phone assessment and was taking with an assessment company who informed me that they didn’t do PIP assessments only ESA and universal credit which where continuing as per usual, I was then talking with the DWP who then informed me PIP cases where being extended and reviews and change in circumstances would have their reviews or phone assessments when the new PIP claimants have been cleared as I was already in receipt of PIP priority was being given to those new claimants so they can be awarded if approved and have the money in their accounts.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.