Christmas tunes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas tunes

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
What's your favourite Christmas tune? Mine's Rocking around the Christmas Tree by Brend Lee, closely followed by Maria Carey All I want for Chistmas (is you).
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Tagged:

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
        It has to be Greg Lake's I believe in Father Christmas, fantastic video as well, and not forgetting The Pogues fairy tale in New York
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine is one more sleep - leona lewis 

Reminds me of always counting down the sleeps as a child 

Another is I saw mummy kissing santa claus 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I like white Christmas by Bing Crosby and some hymns like silent night and ding dong merrily on high etc. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I meant carols not hymns oops ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Toss up between Mistletoe and Wine by Sir Cliff or Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin' Stevens, or even Milennium Prayer by Sir Cliff.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Gotta be Fairytail in New York
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]

Shame it's beem banned by the BBC so nobody ever plays it, because of that ever so slightly offensive verse containing the F word.. I still think it's PC gone mad, created by leftie Guardian readers who think everything is potentially offensive.

• woodbine

Shame it's beem banned by the BBC so nobody ever plays it, because of that ever so slightly offensive verse containing the F word.. I still think it's PC gone mad, created by leftie Guardian readers who think everything is potentially offensive.

Lol unlike daily mail readers who offend everyone  :)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Little Donkey has to be my all time favourite. Reminds me of when i was a little girl because i used to sing it for my Grampy. Everytime i hear it, it brings a tear to my eye. He passed away in 1979. I was only little when he passed away and this is my only memory of him.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's a lovely memory @poppy123456 :) 

I don't know what mine is! There are already lots of good ones here. I like Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses, and Last Christmas by Wham! of course. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday is another classic
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • [Deleted User]
    Is anyone old enough to remember the "Wombling Merry Christmas" atrocity released way back around the mid to late 70's? I did however like that "Lonley this Christmas" by Mud, released way back in the early 70's (before my time but it's on Top of the Pops every year)

• woodbine
    edited December 2020
    Sadly i'm more than old enough both mud and the wombles would have been around 1974, its amazing now that downloads are used to compile the charts that all the classic hits from Christmas past make up half the top 20 the week before Christmas I think Maria Carey was #6 last year.
    eta: MC is #2 this week and Wham! #3

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry, I can't stand 'White Christmas.' For me it would also be Wizzard's 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day' or Slade's 'Merry Christmas Everybody.' Perhaps the lyrics of Queen's 'Thank God It's Christmas' mean even more this year tho. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw2TD91Nytg
    Carols are also evocative of Christmas; I also especially like 'Silent Night,' & 'Once in Royal David's City.'

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @woodbine
                             Thank you so much for starting this thread. For me, it's got to be 'Last Christmas' by Wham, though I do also like 'Afraid of heights' by Tom Fletcher and 'What if' by Kate Winslet. There have been some classics mentioned on the thread :) Thank you
  • janer1967
    If anyone has an alexa ask her to play Christmas music, I did this yesterday while wrapping presents and there were some great choices lots I had never heard before but some old classics too

Also for anyone with kids if you ask alexa how many days till Christmas she will tell you and ask if you want to talk to santa , great for the little ones
  • [Deleted User]
    Great idea @janer1967.

I love some of the old Christmas Pop songs, been watching some on YouTube today, cheered me up a bit as I've been in a bad mood all day due to something that happened last night.

• janer1967
    @MrAllen1976 sorry to hear you have been in a bad mood . I was earlier as didnt get much sleep next door dig was barking then when I finally dropped off this morning they woke me again with loud music 

Hope for better night tonight especially as I got a new mattress today 
  • woodbine
    Great idea @janer1967.

I love some of the old Christmas Pop songs, been watching some on YouTube today, cheered me up a bit as I've been in a bad mood all day due to something that happened last night.

Hope you're ok now @MrAllen1976 ?

• [Deleted User]
    Not too bad thanks.

Brightness