Are the pip asessors allowed to question you about your parenting to your children - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are the pip asessors allowed to question you about your parenting to your children

Options

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,150 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lindyloo42 Hi I’m glad your appeal went ok for you, I had mine 3 weeks ago, I received my letter 2 days later, and got backpay a week and a half later, hope you have a good outcome.
  • lindyloo42
    lindyloo42 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck with the outcome @lindyloo42 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • lindyloo42
    Options
    Thank you ? no letter today so guess I’ll have to wait and see if anything arrives tomorrow 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try your best not to get too hung up on waiting for it, but yes I hope it arrives soon.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you let us know how you get on xx
  • lindyloo42
    Options
    Thanks ? hope your doing ok cupcake88 xx
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m not doing great hun with my mental health but I’ll get there thanks for asking hope all goes well with your pip 
  • lindyloo42
    Options
    Aw sorry to hear that know that feeling though hope you feeling a bit better soon xx
  • lindyloo42
    Options
    Can someone explain what this means I have 2 points daily living and 12 points mobility is this passed ? 
  • Lou67
    Options
    Hi @lindyloo42 Hi with these points youv received enhanced for mobility, but no award for daily living with only 2 points, sorry you didn’t get both, but glad you got the mobility. 
  • lindyloo42
    Options
    Sorry it’s 10 points mobility 2 points engaging and 2 points daily living I’ve no idea if this has got me a personal independence payment thanks 
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry it’s 10 points mobility 2 points engaging and 2 points daily living I’ve no idea if this has got me a personal independence payment thanks 
    If its 2 points for engaging and 2 points for daily living that's 4 points for the daily living component who h doesn't get an award, and 10 points for mobility would be standard mobility rate. 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • Lou67
    Options
    Aww yes as Laura sd, I’m afraid it looks like it’s just the standard mobility and not enhanced you’ve been awarded, it should say on your letter have another read through it. 
  • lindyloo42
    Options
    Yes it is thanks . Aw well at least it’s something but do think I should have got standard rate daily living as well .thanks folks .
  • Lou67
    Options
    Yeah definitely better than nothing take care. ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

2 points for daily living and 2 points for engaging with others means 2 points in total for daily living because there's no "daily living" activity on it own.

Once the decision is made if you disagree then you can request the mandatory recosideration (MR) but i'd advise you to get some expert advice before doing this because they will look at the whole award again and not just part of it.

You will need another 6 points in the daily living part for standard award.

Start here with that advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Options
    I’m sure this was an appeal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lou67 said:
    I’m sure this was an appeal 

Thank you for that, you're right i looked back at previous threads. @lindyloo42 As this was a decision made the the Tribunal then you can request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings within 1 month of the date of the decision. Once you receive both of those you'll need to find someone to take a look to see if they can find the error in law, if that's not found then you won't be able to take this any further.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Options
    No problem thanks Poppy. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.