PIP new claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP new claim

Options
debbythomas36
debbythomas36 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi ,I have been getting pip for the last 3yrs which i won on appeal now my claim finished 18/12/20 I have now had to fill in a new pip claim which I did in October and I still hav'nt heard from them when I phoned a couple of weeks ago all they said was waiting for assessment date I
I'm worried sick again I suffer with depression and with things as they are with covid19 I dont know if I can do it again any advice please .debby

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I'm not sure what advice you would like, other than all you can do is wait, i'm afraid. There's no timescales for any assessment times, or for decisions. Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them, which most people are having.

I understand just how stress all the waiting is. Once an assessment date becomes available they will contact you. If you're successfully awarded then it will be backdated to the date your PIP ended.

Goodluck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi ,I have been getting pip for the last 3yrs which i won on appeal now my claim finished 18/12/20 I have now had to fill in a new pip claim which I did in October and I still hav'nt heard from them when I phoned a couple of weeks ago all they said was waiting for assessment date I
    I'm worried sick again I suffer with depression and with things as they are with covid19 I dont know if I can do it again any advice please .debby
    i know it it will make no difference at all me saying try not to worry but try not to . ive been through it 3 times in the last 7 yrs and worried myself silly each time but didnt need to and also suffer with mental health issues. you won your appeal 3 yrs ago so there shouldnt be any reason you wont this time. worrying is only going to make things worse and when your claim is all sorted that dark cloud will just disapear. be strong and try not to worry. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @debbythomas36

Merry Christmas.

I hope the renewal goes well. Try your best not to worry and make sure you relax over the festive period :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Merry Xmas to you I know how worrying it is . I hope you hear from them soon . 
  • debbythomas36
    debbythomas36 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind messages I’m worrying about the assessment they are the once that make a decision without knowing what you go through even though you have all your medical records it took me 18 mths the last time as PIP had only started to take over from DLA wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year xx
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options
    Dont worry debby. I emailed my form back towards the end of October and got an email conformation that it was on their system on 28th of October and I haven't heard anything else since either. Don't think you have been forgotten because you haven't. 

I'm expecting not to hear anything about a phone assessment until early next year and I don't think you probably will either. It's just a case of being patient unfortunately. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind messages I’m worrying about the assessment they are the once that make a decision without knowing what you go through even though you have all your medical records it took me 18 mths the last time as PIP had only started to take over from DLA wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year xx

It's worth remembering that the health assessment providers do not make decisions, they make recommendations only and write a report with those recommendations in it. A decision maker from DWP is the only person that can make a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.