Why I would take the covid vaccine — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why I would take the covid vaccine

Hubbard
Hubbard Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi I would gladly take the covid vaccine , not just because I am at the highest risk of catching it, but because as I tell my sons and granbairns, I  was put on this earth to annoy them and keep them on their toes lol . We know the devastation of covid as we lost a family member in April to it . I have only been outside my home 5 times this year , 3 to see my son , when it was deemed safe and twice when I had a holiday in hospital ?.  This has been the toughest year of my life  and I know everyone who reads this will agree. Please keep safe everyone and hopefully I can chat to someone soon . X
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Hubbard and welcome to the community, how are you? 

I'm sorry to hear that you lost a family member in April to the virus, that must have been hard. 

Stay safe, and Merry Christmas
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hubbard - it's very nice to welcome you to this friendly community. Thank you for your first post, as it made me chuckle reading you were put on this earth to annoy your sons & grandchildren, & that was much needed today. My daughter calls her 3 children 'gremlins', & I'm afraid I also call them that now!
    My daughter-in-law lost her Uncle to Covid in the summer, & I've only been out 3 times since February; it has been an awful year for us all.
    I hope you are keeping as well as can be expected. Will you be able to see any of your family over Christmas? :)
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Hubbard
                            How are you? Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. Firstly, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your family member, sending my deepest condolences. Please do take a look around the community and join in with any discussions which may be of interest to you. Please also feel free to ask any questions you may have, there are many lovely people here on the community and we will endeavour to answer them. We are a really friendly community and we are here to support one another. I too would take the vaccine, when the time comes, I see it as my morale responsibility to protect others including those who for health reasons are unable to take the vaccine. I wish you a Merry Christmas and please stay safe. I look forward to seeing you around the community. Thank you. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi welcome enjoy 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome glad you have joined us . Sorry for your loss and agree what an awful year it has been 

Here's looking for a far better year to come 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Hi Hubbard sorry to hear  that you lost someone  to corona virus  I had  corona virus I was poorly for 8 weeks 

I didnt think I was going to make it but I did but have long covid symptoms  I don't go outside much because I am scared of getting it again but I know I keep myself safe 

It is great on here someone will always answer you  and you csn talk about anything there is lots going on to keep you busy 

I will pop up all over the place lol take care x
  • Hubbard
    Hi everybody,  Thankyou so very much for all of you making me feel so welcome.  How daft have I been,  I have always kept myself away from chat sites because of all the bad things you hear , but I'm really happy I have finally got out of my comfort zone and joined you all . Sometimes you will think I'm being rude if I don't reply straight away,  but I'm not , due to a complicated amount of illnesses Sometimes I don't touch my phone for a couple of days,  but I will definitely always keep in touch with all the of you amazing people. I'm so happy I found the courage to join you all. Love always my new family, Hubbard xxx

• Lisatho11987777
    Lovely  words Hubbard  I love being on here its fab all the different  people and different discussions  lovely that you are on here 
  • Hubbard
    Thankyou Lisathomas50 ,for your kind words . Can I ask what your suffering from ? You don't have to answer this personal question if you don't want to,  I totally understand.  Some people may feel you're looking for pity, but you and I know we're not , I'm just trying to get to know my new friends better . Would you take the Covid antibiotic injection? Take care and keep safe ,love Hubbard ? 

• Hubbard
    Hi lisathomas50 . I'm so sorry you've had this terrible virus, but more happy your coming back fighting . I have only been out 5 times this year and 2 of those was emergency hospital holidays , but I too refuse to be beaten . The other 3 times was to see my youngest son and family ,when we were aloud to go out . I haven't had the covid myself and that's why I'm so afraid to go out as I definitely wouldn't win the battle as one of my illnesses is emphasima and am on a nebuliser every day. I'm very lucky as my husband and best friend goes out for all the shopping,  so I'm kept very safe . My eldest son lives with us again just now and when the first lockdown happened he asked for his holiday's as he's a tyre fitter for big diggers and was afraid of catching it and I got it, he explained to his boss how dangerous it was for me if I got it , his bosses reaction was to fire him.  He's never signed on in his life ,but obviously he had too , so he's been out of work for 9  months now,  but thankfully he's got a new job and starts on the 4th January.  Its a disgrace how bosses can treat their worker's, my son had worked for the firm for almost 4yrs , bless him . I'll leave you in peace now so you can have a nice day, hopefully with some of your family . Take care and safe, love Hubbard ? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Merry Christmas @Hubbard - I hope you have a lovely day with your family. :)
  • Hubbard
    Chiereids , Thankyou so very much for your lovely wee message . My husband and I are together,  minus family as its too dangerous to take the risk for me, plus my youngest grandson has just been of school for 14days isolation as one of his pal's was positive for covid , and thankfully my family know of the risk to me ,so we keep apart just now and do zoom and Facebook so we are still in touch , although there's nothing like a real K&C from them , but it will happen again soon this next year . Keep well and safe,  Lydia xx
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hubbard hope you are having the best Christmas possible, even though its a very different one for most of us, hopefully by this time next year year we will have all had the vaccine and  Covid will be a thing of the past.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Hope all is ok with you  Hubbard 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Hubbard! Thank you for your kind words regarding the community, our members are certainly kind and here to offer advice and support, or just a listening ear :) 

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, that must be very difficult to cope with.

I'm also sorry to hear that your son lost his job, but it's fantastic that he's been able to secure another one for the start of 2021. That's certainly an achievement in the current climate!

I hope that you managed to have an enjoyable Christmas, despite not necessarily being able to see the family you wanted to see. It's great to hear that you've been using Facebook and Zoom to keep in touch with people, I know I've found those sorts of services vital in keeping in touch with my friends and family.

Are you up to anything nice today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Hi Hubbard I dont mind telling you I have lupus  it mimicks alot of other conditions so took a whilst to diagnose  but I have had it they say since I was 18 its complicated because there are so many symptoms and so many variations  but I have learnt to live with it and managed  to live some sort of normal life and always worked until this year but I am trying to find work  and it  makes it worse because its a condition you csnt see  I don't see myself as haveing a disability but as a person who has the ability to do  what  I can 

Hope you are ok sorry I havent answered I havent been on for a couple of days but I am back  now 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Hi Hubbard  glad your son has anther job I had a Xmas I wasn't expecting and I had a nice Xmas  I didnt have to spend sll day on my own  an ice Xmas was drluverd to me by people in my community that all pulled together for xmas  and I had some presents to open and my idea of happiness for a present is bath bombs and candles that smell nice and thats what I had so it was lively  hope you had a nice day stay safe 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Hope you all had a relatively  nice Xmas 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Hubbard
                           Thank you for your kind words, we are so pleased you have come to join us on the community and look forward to seeing you around the community. I hope that you had a lovely Christmas :) Thank you. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @Hubbard - it's very nice to welcome you to this friendly community. Thank you for your first post, as it made me chuckle reading you were put on this earth to annoy your sons & grandchildren, & that was much needed today. My daughter calls her 3 children 'gremlins', & I'm afraid I also call them that now!
    My daughter-in-law lost her Uncle to Covid in the summer, & I've only been out 3 times since February; it has been an awful year for us all.
    I hope you are keeping as well as can be expected. Will you be able to see any of your family over Christmas? :)
    Is she allowed to get them wet or feed them after Midnight? (You'd need to have seen the film to get that lol)

Brightness