Hello all — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello all

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
Hi hope everyones ok and you all got what you wanted for Christmas? Enjoy the day and stay safe xx
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You too @woodbine have a lovely day with the better half 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    You too @woodbine :) I got some nice bits and bobs from my family. Did you and the other half get each other anything this year? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodbine
    edited December 2020
    Senior management and me got up late, we are doing exactly what we want today, spoke to grandson who didn't get to sleep till 4a.m so slept till 9a.m, and to granddaughter who received enough £ for xmas to repay the national debt.
    @janer1967 enjoy whatever you have planned

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,910 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter woke me up at a ridiculous time....6am :o and she's almost 20 lol. Got through the mountain of presents but took quite a while. I've been extremely spoilt by her. She got me bath bombs and shower gel from lush, wax melts and a burner from yankee candle, bath salts, slippers, bubble bath and a few other little things but my biggest surprise was a bracelet from pandora with a charm to go with it, beautiful and i'm extremely lucky!

I've yet to see my grandson and eldest daughter who should be at my house soon, i hope lol.

What ever your plans, i hope you all have a lovely day :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I was up quite late, around 10.15, had breakfast etc and then watched last night's Coronation St before a shower and a shave.

Then we had a FaceTime on the Ipad with my Brother and his Family.

After that I gave my Parents their Christmas gift, and after about 5 attempts and changing my Amazon password twice, I managed to set it up.

I also bought myself a 4 TB external hard drive for the Xbox on Amazon, which is being delivered on Sunday.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I got what I wished for Christmas early (yesterday). I saw 3 of my favourites from rehab. Saw them from a safe distance and they got to see Daisy too.

It seems to be a tradition in our family over the years that Christmas day is always spent in tears or there have been arguments. This is the first year that everyone has been happy, smiled and laughed. And its been bloody lovely!

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,566 Disability Gamechanger
    Merry Christmas everyone and happy new year. I hope you got all the presents you wanted and weren’t too lonely today given the restrictions. Has everyone had a nice day?

We still haven’t finished Christmas dinner which we started in the afternoon. We make Christmas dinner last all the way through to bed time. The cheese course is coming up next which is my favourite food especially paired with a good Cognac but I think I’m a bit full right now to enjoy it so hoping that I’m hungry in a little while. What a first world problem eh being full up and wanting to be hungry? It is at this point you realise even with disability and goodness knows what other problems going on life is not as bad as it could be and I feel for people who don’t have enough to eat.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    That’s very true @66Mustang, I always have a moment over Christmas where I look around and realise how lucky I am and appreciate the things I have and the people in my life. 

Enjoy your cheese course! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    @Adrian_Scope I do agree that this time on Christmas day is a time to count our blessings and be grateful for what we have/have had, too many people especially this year won't have been as fortunate as many of us, right this minute they are in my thoughts.

Brightness