Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
lesLY1
lesLY1 Community member Posts: 263 Connected
edited January 2021 in Start here and say hello!

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello @lesLY1

I'm not sure if you're aware but you have posted an introduction to yourself twice. It's amazing to see how willing you are to get involved, but in case you were wondering why this thread hasn't received any replies, it's because people have replied on this one.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • lesLY1
    Options
    Yes am willing but a bit confused to what I choose as said been earlier in the shipping industry with physical activities i worked for British petroleum but under the indian manning can I get in touch as on a telephonic call so I get on it the right way around 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lesLY1

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, I'm a little confused, who is it you are wanting to talk on the phone with?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello again are you ok are things still OK at your sisters x
  • lesLY1
    Options
    Yes things r fine with them but hv to do something with my life ? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    You will get there ledley1 what what would you like to fo with your life have you got any ideas  is there something you would realy like to do
  • lesLY1
    Options
    Gm Lisa  yes I would like to do things that's why am here as have given up my home place  in goa and wish to settle here  I  am a portuguese national as goans can be eligible for it. I have worked in the shipping industry in the past and I know I loved the job though it wasnt a white collar job though I was given an opportunity to get ter but just not my cup of tea.i liked physical activity which am unable to do so now i worked for Britush petroleum but was just stuck on to it and never even wanted a promotion though was capable of it my point is for watever reason one might say but I was stuck to what I enjoyed but ever since I met with several accidents had to quit.with hard physical activities.so really dont know what fits in best for me.besides that I cant be living for long with my sister as my conscience doesn't allow me. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Oh gosh  you have gone through a lot I cant do heavy jobs due to my physical  condition I have lupus  I have done care for most of my working life  I have also worked for tesco and boots chemist i am looking for another job the scope job support are helping me  maybe you could ask them to help you 
  • lesLY1
    Options
    Yes I have actually but again hard to say where I fit in as was working earlier for british petroleum as a seaman and enjoyed my work though later on felt weak in one leg as had met with an accident years back but still continued with the company as was not fully disabled at tat time but years later met again with multiple accidents and my previous leg accident felt weaker so I dropped out but the latest is a 3 year old accident wer I dont know wat job fits me
  • lesLY1
    Options
    I am lucky though I can still walk 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    There will be a job that fits uou its just finding it I kept hoping into care jobs but I don't want to do that any more I would like to work somewhere like scope helping people I am very much a people person 
  • lesLY1
    Options
    Gm Lisa I guess ur right. Yip me too like tat just that the shipping line is  different to a land job and bcos of the disability I find everything like new to me .I live in newport wales have even been here wen at sea years back through shore leave 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I live in neath wales  I am sure you eill be able to find something its always hard trying something  new  but once you find something  you like you will be ok 
  • lesLY1
    Options
    Gm Lisa that's so true and offcourse so encouraging am lucky enough to get such responses ?☺⭐⭐
  • lesLY1
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hows it going Lisa I live in newport [removed by moderator - first half of postcode]
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lesLY1 :) Just to make you aware, I've removed the first half of your postcode as we don't allow personal information to be posted for the safety of all of our members.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • lesLY1
    Options
    Sorry about tat with the postcode
  • lesLY1
    Options
  • lesLY1
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Hi  lesly1 you ok sorry I  havent been on here for  a couple of days I am back now how was your Xmas
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness