Aduit training — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Aduit training

streetangel61
streetangel61 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
I am a volunteer for a local charity we mainly deal with support for benefit tribunals, completing forms, access problems. I am interested in training in the Audit side of this group they will give me practical training but l need educational training now to be able to go out alone and deal with access problems, which within the charity it what i do an lm greatly interested in, I am the chair person of this group, access problems is my main interested, but l don't know where to get the training from.

Comments

• YoungCarerOverHere
    YoungCarerOverHere Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    I'm sorry to say I don't know of any training that you could access but well done for volunteering in such a great charity!
  • streetangel61
    I have done the audit training now. I do this with scope local people project in my area.
    I am also a full time university student studying Psychological, studying to be a criminologist to work with young offenders and the local police station. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fantastic news @streetangel61! Thanks for updating us :) It sounds like you've been able to make a lot of progress, and try lots of new things. 

That'd certainly be an interesting job. What made you want to enter into that sort of career? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • streetangel61
    I have also been interested in criminology and how they catch them with even the smallest bit of evidence. I thought it would be nice to work with young people let them see that no matter what happens to you in life you control it. if it saves one youth from committing and more crime it will be a bonus. and working with the police is a bonus, I wanted to be a policewoman when I left school circumstances did not arise for that to happen so l though criminologist is the next best thing. the sorry reply was long but just wanted to explain a little bit more. 
  • Tori_Scope
    No need to apologise @streetangel61, that's a really good motivation for wanting to do the job! How have you been finding the course? 

• streetangel61
    It's hard going, trying to remember things, and learning to write academically is hard not like being at school, and the time limits you have to get the 3000-word assignment handed in., I'm in the second year, one more year then criminology course for a year, was thinking about learning history after, I enjoy studying keeps my brain busy  :) 
  • Tori_Scope
    I did a BA in Politics and Social Policy and I definitely found adjusting to writing academically took some time @streetangel61. Remember that you should be able to get in touch with your tutors if you're confused about anything, or need some further guidance. 

Definitely! Learning is a great way to keep the brain ticking over. I'm hoping to do some more free online courses in 2021. 

Brightness