Working from Home in Sheffield? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working from Home in Sheffield?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
Above.

I rang the Housing on Wednesday and asked the question, and as long as I'm working for someone else and not my own Business I can work from Home from the Flat.

Without just telling me to use Google, does anyone know of any good work from Home jobs available in Sheffield, England? Cold calling isn't an option,  as constant calls would send me daft.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976

We told you that you would be able to work from home glad you got it confirmed 

Try looking on indeed website and set up notifications on there so you get emails for new positions you could also register with some agencies like Reed etc 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Just be careful when looking for work from home never pay any money upfront for the promise of home work.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    woodbine said:
    Just be careful when looking for work from home never pay any money upfront for the promise of home work.
    Thanks, but contrary to popular opinion I'm not daft, I know to be careful.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Please be mindful of your comments. People here are only trying to help you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine said:

My advice is free, you can choose to take it or ignore it, my point was and remains that there are a lot of scammers out there when it comes to home working. But i'm not sure where you get the idea about popular opinion suggesting you're daft, I've seen no evidence on that on any of your long threads about working.
    I hope you find something suitable.

• [Deleted User]
    woodbine said:
    woodbine said:

My advice is free, you can choose to take it or ignore it, my point was and remains that there are a lot of scammers out there when it comes to home working. But i'm not sure where you get the idea about popular opinion suggesting you're daft, I've seen no evidence on that on any of your long threads about working.
    I've been called retarded and much much worse online in the past purely because I have Asperger's.

So as you can probably imagine I'm prone to adverse reactions if someone questions my intelligence.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I don’t believe @woodbine was questioning your intelligence @MrAllen1976.
    His advice is something I would say to anyone that’s researching work from home positions. Sadly there are a lot of scammers out there that pray on people and not everyone will know to avoid companies asking for money upfront. 

I’ve worked from home for many years and seen a lot of these types of scams.

Do you have an idea of the sort of work you’d like to do?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine said:
    woodbine said:

I've been called retarded and much much worse online in the past purely because I have Asperger's.

So as you can probably imagine I'm prone to adverse reactions if someone questions my intelligence.

I have followed your threads on scope and have NEVER seen anyone treat you with anything but respect, the same as we treat everybody and nobody has questioned your intelligence.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    In my opinion which admittedly is worth nothing I can see how the comment could be interpreted as questioning your intelligence, as in all honesty it is stating the obvious, but I don't think it was intended that way and I think the reply was an overreaction. Remember intent is everything with a comment like that and I don't think he intended to cause offence.

I know I won't win any friends from this post as I have basically criticised both sides. :D

I also don't see the need to gang up on each other and take sides, I think we should just all be friends here and treat each other with true respect. :)
  • woodbine
    @66Mustang your opinion is worth exactly the same as somebody else's, and don't worry about being critical I'm big enough to take it  :)
    And i agree that 99.999% of the time this forum offers nothing but friendship and support and long may that continue.

• [Deleted User]
    I don’t believe @woodbine was questioning your intelligence @MrAllen1976.
    His advice is something I would say to anyone that’s researching work from home positions. Sadly there are a lot of scammers out there that pray on people and not everyone will know to avoid companies asking for money upfront. 

I’ve worked from home for many years and seen a lot of these types of scams.

Do you have an idea of the sort of work you’d like to do?
    Web design, music creation, anything that doesn't involve being on the phone or answering the phone all day, so no contact centre stuff.

In actual fact I saw a job on Indeed this afternoon for Home based music creation in Sheffield but it was full time so I can't do it, I can't work Thursdays due to prior commitments for one.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
     Sorry Mr Allen  this one i can't help you I live in Wales  I don't know if you would have it where you are but in wales there are jobs where they send you items to pack  or letters to go in envelopes things like that 

I did one last year when they told me I couldn't drive until I had my  eye operation  I got 150 pound a week  I had to count screws into a bag and seal them  at first they send you two boxes  once you have done them you let them know then they pick the ones up you have done  and bring you two more boxes 

I think some one has also suggested  looking on indeed  job search  sorry I cant be of much help 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2021
     Sorry Mr Allen  this one i can't help you I live in Wales  I don't know if you would have it where you are but in wales there are jobs where they send you items to pack  or letters to go in envelopes things like that 

I did one last year when they told me I couldn't drive until I had my  eye operation  I got 150 pound a week  I had to count screws into a bag and seal them  at first they send you two boxes  once you have done them you let them know then they pick the ones up you have done  and bring you two more boxes 

I think some one has also suggested  looking on indeed  job search  sorry I cant be of much help 
    Thanks for the suggestion but because I'm not good with my hands, I don't think counting screws would be suitable. I can type though, so being somebody's PA or Secretary would be an option.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I wasn't sure how your condition affected you  its a boring job but money was ok  

Hope you find something that suits you its not easy finding a job these days  is it  good luck any way 

Brightness