The first record you ever brought? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The first record you ever brought?

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
What was the first record you ever brought?

Mine was in 1971 a version of "Moon River" by Greyhound
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
          Mine was an album, Electric Warrior T Rex also in 1971, and my love of all things glam rock was born  :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    You'll laugh when I tell you mine.. The first I bought with my own money was "leave it with me" by Ted Glen, a character in Postman Pat, well I was about 5 at the time.

Slightly less embarassing, I bought "Happy Talk" by Captain Sensible, used to love the video to that when I was 6.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine was The Foo Fighters Greatest Hits  :D 

I never had a record player the first time around and only got one about 3 years ago!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    Mine was The Foo Fighters Greatest Hits  :D 

I never had a record player the first time around and only got one about 3 years ago!
    Vinyl made a bit of a comeback a few years back as well.

• woodbine
          Mine was an album, Electric Warrior T Rex also in 1971, and my love of all things glam rock was born  :D
    I saw T Rex live in Manchester in 1972

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m ashamed to say I’ve never bought a physical album for myself, only digital ones and I tend to just buy the one song I want rather than the whole album
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I remember it well and it was Culture Club Karma Chameleon in 1983. I was with my late nan at the time and she gave me pocket money to buy it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I honestly cant remember I used to use my parent record player till I bought my own stereo tower system had double tape deck radio and record player 

I saved up for it out of first job so will have been in 1983 
  • vikingqueen
         @woodbine I am very jealous, I never got to see them live nor my other love "Queen" Too late now for both  :(
  • [Deleted User]
         @woodbine I am very jealous, I never got to see them live nor my other love "Queen" Too late now for both  :(
    Yeah in about 3 and half weeks it'll be 30 years since Freddie Mercury died of AIDS.

• woodbine
    Yeah in about 3 and half weeks it'll be 30 years since Freddie Mercury died of AIDS.

I'm not sure the sad cause of his death is relevant? It was a great shame to lose such a great talent.

• [Deleted User]
    woodbine said:

I'm not sure the sad cause of his death is relevant? It was a great shame to lose such a great talent.
    Blimey and some people call ME picky! He was a great talent though yes.

• vikingqueen
         I am well aware of the anniversary of the late great Freddie, it doesn't matter what caused his death I just know it was a very sad day, but he will live on for many years to come. My 7 year old granddaughter knows the words to We Will Rock You and I intend to teach her a lot more  :)  but she doesn't understand Marc Bolan  :D
  • [Deleted User]

I am well aware of the anniversary of the late great Freddie, it doesn't matter what caused his death I just know it was a very sad day, but he will live on for many years to come. My 7 year old granddaughter knows the words to We Will Rock You and I intend to teach her a lot more  :)  but she doesn't understand Marc Bolan  :D
    Yeah try www.xyzlyrics.co.uk for more Queen lyrics.

Also if she's got a console such as Xbox or Switch, there was a Queen Karaoke game that came out around last November that's got most of the good stuff.

• woodbine
    Talking about records, have just seen the news that Gerry Marsden MBE has passed away very sad, with his group the Pacemakers they were the first group ever to have their first 3 singles go to #1 in 1963.
    He worked tirelessly for many years in his support of the Hillsborough families and their search for just for the 96.
    R.I.P Gerry "You'll never walk alone"

• [Deleted User]
    See the topic I made about that about 2 hours ago mate.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    My first LP was this, a re-mastered version of music originally recorded in 1967, which came out in 1973: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atczbaE1m70
    Perhaps some of you might enjoy this.....originally recorded before Sandy Denny joined Fairport Convention, & with the Strawbs, especially Dave Cousins vocals, sheer joy IMHO.

• vikingqueen
        well said @woodbine, you haven't lived until you hear the Liverpool fans sing You'll never walk alone at their football matches, they'll just have to sing a little louder now  :(
  • woodbine

it had dropped off my screen mate

• [Deleted User]
    woodbine said:

it had dropped off my screen mate
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75787/60s-pop-star-gerry-marsden-of-gerry-and-the-pacemakers-dies-at-78#latest

Brightness