Difficult or is it me? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Difficult or is it me?

2»

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    That's a good idea to use the ignore function.
    I'm slightly taken aback by your post @dolfrog to the extent I'm wondering if we're reading the same forum...but that is exactly your point I suppose...people have vastly different sensitivities.
    I just cannot get upset by anything a stranger says on an internet forum.
    And as far as forums go, I find this one very good natured on the whole, we are only human after all...and the moderation of the site is very good I find.
    Best wishes.?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    If people repeat the same thing in the advice they give then this will be because the questions people ask are usually the same thing.... the most asked questions on any forum are.. how long do i wait for the decision after my assessment?  i returned my forms on X date, how long until i hear back? I won my Tribunal, how long do i wait until i receive my money? hmm, then people wonder why those that spend so much time here have to constantly repeat the advice given. :|
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Well dolfrog might have well said that was me as, as far as I'm aware, I'm the only person whom he's accused of 'disability discrimination'. It's sad, as I'm interested in medical info, &, as I was at pains to mention to him, I had spent considerable time looking into his disorder, which I hadn't heard about, in order to learn more. The only issue I've had with dolfrog is that he gives links to 'his medical research papers.' As I've tried to politely point out, these are links to a medical database, & often the papers he links to are several years old, &, should a person wish to look at medical papers they can search a medical database themselves, & see more recent papers which might also be helpful. I was also worried after him posting 'his links' about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome to someone that had the same type as me, the hypermobile type, & the first link was to the 'vascular type,' which can be life-threatening, & is completely different to the hypermobile type, & might have considerably worried the original poster.
    I'm also sorry that he won't see this message as I'll be on his 'ignore' list. I never wanted to cause you stress @dolfrog & I'm sorry, but I believe I truly did 'try' to understand auditory processing disorders.
    Now I'm going to stand back & say, I get things wrong; we all do...we're human. I feel we do need to be careful about what, & how we say things. RAwarrior has left the community, & I felt they were warm, kind, & supportive. They also shared info about rheumatoid arthritis & other health conditions. Lastly, but not least, they shared some adorable photos of the squirrels that many of us have found uplifting, & helpful particularly during this pandemic. Personally, I feel that this a sad loss to the community.
    So, I have been wrong, even tho hoping I was trying to help. Knowledge matters, but so too does support.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    We all get things wrong now and again we are human beings  if we were perfect i think probably that would make me feel scared becsuse no one is perfect  people are different and take things personally and I put my hands up I wasn't good when I first came on here 

I havent been on here long but I have made friends with people  I will miss rawarrior very much  the conversations we had the photos that were posted

We are in terrible times at the moment and I think even though we don't want to admit it we are scared we are worried  and some of us don't go out or see anyone and this forum is some people's life line 

Conversations about corona virus do get heated and people do get angry there is a corona virus wales group  and some of the rubish people post is unbelievable there aren't any moderators to stop prople what they are saying I pop on and off it because that does affect you when for example a few weeks ago a man posted that his  wife and daughter had passed away with corona virus some one then replied that it was a load of rubbish that corona virus didnt exit that people weren't dying and that the man was just saying it 

In London not long ago prople with no masks marching through the streets saying  corona virus doesnt exist  so I understand when people get upset  I had corona virus in March then got it again in July 

I have my opinions what should be done to stop such high cases but I keep them to myself because I know people wouldn't like it  a job I used to do 25 years ago has given me the knowledge  to understand disease  
    Control and the direction its going in 

Some conversations we have on here is going to upset some people  and if we do upset someone even if we don't think we have is just to say sorry and move on from it so that it doesn't escalate as we have seen happen 

I love being on here  I love the conversations  I love the games  on here I get that wrong I play all the games and some you start from end of last word some alphabetical and so on and people have corrected me which doesn't bother me but could bother someone else 

We are here to help each other and suport each other wether we were in a corona virus situation or not if some one is wrong they are wrong just correct it underneath the wrong comment  I made mistakes because I was answering a question about what I thought was something else because I couldnt see the other post becsuse I was over lapping I think that was what one of the members explaind to me 

So let's all try to get on as best as we can and if someone is wrong  and we font like it it's easier just to not comment or private message someone  and explain why thst person is wrong  do thst it doesn't turn into an argument and members dint divide 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I actually thought that dolfrog was partly talking about me, rather than @chiarieds. Especially when they mention members repeating theirself. I was trying not to mention any names here in fear of saying something wrong. :|

I must admit, i've tried understanding the links that dolfrog posts but they are just ridiculously difficult to understand. Maybe it's because they are so old now, i really don't know but i gave up on that quite sometime ago.

As far as being careful with what and how we say things, that makes me feel even worse and the egg shells that i was treading on have just multiplied ten fold. I'm still deciding whether to stay or go to be honest but if i have to "watch what i say" then i will be going. Yes, we are only human and no one is perfect. It doesn't matter what internet forum you go onto there will always be some people that cause problems. Although this is the best forum i've ever been a member of.

There are people on here that don't like me, that's fine, i have no problems with that. Yes, i have a few members on my ignore list too.  There's also people here that do like me and i've made some lovely friends since i've been here and for that, i'm very thankful!

Deep in my heart i'm a lovely person and care a lot about other people, i wouldn't be here if i didn't. I also wouldn't spend more than half my time on the community if i didn't have a heart. What i won't do though is let people talk down to me. I was treated badly in the past and mentally abused, i'll never let that happen ever again. There was a time in my life when my children were small and i couldn't even open the front door, i couldn't take my children to school because i was just too scared to go out.  Thankfully, i came out the otherside because i'm a strong person.

We must also remember that it's not always easy to read text speak and sometimes we take things the wrong way. We are reminded constantly here that it's ok to have our opinions but then when we speak our minds we're told to be careful what we say... Now, this doesn't make sense to me at all. :|
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @poppy123456 you are a lovely person and you are valued on here and you help prople alot we had drawn a line and that's how it should stay  its bring going ok please don't leave poppy  I have wonky donkey days but that's the way the cookie crumbles you are one of the main prople on here even though I did try to change your name to Holly lol  onwards and upwards poppy already lost one member dont want to lose another  
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds from what I can see its an old post thats been brought back up so it doesn't matter who the person is talking about they have had their say  draw a line move on both you and poppy have good things you do on here  why dwell on the bad prople have their opinions wether right or wrong  which they are entitled to  but what is thst in the grand scheme of things I am not trying to offend anyone people have their opinions ? 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    @chiarieds and @poppy123456 . Hang on in there! I think people tend to forget you are a part of this community as you have your own health issues and are human beings with feelings which can be hurt. You both seem to bounce back time and time again I really admire you for that. If you leave I will have to stalk you to new forums. :wink:  

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    edited March 2021
    Cress said:
    That's a good idea to use the ignore function.
    I'm slightly taken aback by your post @dolfrog to the extent I'm wondering if we're reading the same forum...but that is exactly your point I suppose...people have vastly different sensitivities.
    I just cannot get upset by anything a stranger says on an internet forum.
    And as far as forums go, I find this one very good natured on the whole, we are only human after all...and the moderation of the site is very good I find.
    Best wishes.?
    [Removed by moderator - unsubstantiated claims and personal attack]
    I was discussing having my scope deleted with one of the Moderators, and he mentioned that if my account was deleted then so would all of the information i had provided regarding my disability would also be deleted. 
    So I decided to remain a member of Scope so that others who may have my disability would have access my research based information. 

I do have an other social media group I run regarding my disability which for me is a safer environment. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I am sorry to hear what happend to you I cant comment as I have not long joined scope but people do get things wrong I know I do but hope that people learn and find out more about your disability 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    The decision has been made to close this thread permanently. 

Unfortunately, the discussion goes against our Online community guidelines and contravenes our ethos of Scope's online community being a friendly, supportive space.  Should you wish to discuss this decision further, please email the Community Team at community@scope.org.uk

Thank you for your understanding.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness