Mortgage possibilities? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mortgage possibilities?

artsfutures
artsfutures Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello, does anyone have recommendations for a mortgage broker who understands disabilities, benefits and can advise Re mortgage possibilities? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @artsfutures how are you today? Mortgages are difficult at the moment as many lenders have tightened up their lending criteria, and its never been easy to get a mortgage if your only income is benefits.
    The only suggestion I have is to find what is known as a "whole of market broker" they have access to a wider range of products than other brokers.
    A lot will depend on the size of deposit you have as well, with the best deals available to those with a 40% deposit.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• artsfutures
    Thank you very much indeed for your reply. YEs, I wondered if anyone knew of a particular firm, used to working on mortgages for those on benefits due to disability.
    All so very helpful.
    Best wishes
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I have no knowledge in this area personally @artsfutures, but have you sought professional financial advice for this?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dack1967
    Dack1967 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hi this is what I’m looking for I have no mortgage it’s paid just looking to get enough to buy husband out then I can stay here as I say I’m not fit to move I’m very ill at the moment wanted me into hospital I refused I got treated for my mental health at home but said I need to see psychiatrist I have PTSD with my ex the things I can’t mention on here as they are off a certain nature he done to me on a regular basis abd also my grown up daughter I just want to buy him out be mortgage for 40000 to pay him off get court case over divorce that it done completley he’s a narcissist but say that he left me like a empty shell they always have there next victim lined up which he had xxxxxxxxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Dack1967 said:
    Hi this is what I’m looking for I have no mortgage it’s paid just looking to get enough to buy husband out then I can stay here as I say I’m not fit to move I’m very ill at the moment wanted me into hospital I refused I got treated for my mental health at home but said I need to see psychiatrist I have PTSD with my ex the things I can’t mention on here as they are off a certain nature he done to me on a regular basis abd also my grown up daughter I just want to buy him out be mortgage for 40000 to pay him off get court case over divorce that it done completley he’s a narcissist but say that he left me like a empty shell they always have there next victim lined up which he had xxxxxxxxx

HI,

It can be very difficult to get a mortgage if you're not working. I don't personally know of anywhere that you can successfully get a mortgage if claiming benefits. It will also depend on your personal circumstances and afordability.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Dack1967 just a thought does your grown up daughter work and live with you? if so a joint mortgage might be the answer, but as above "a whole of market" broker might be a good place to start.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Dack1967
    Dack1967 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you a thank you everyone a few good tips I’ve been given on here great sire forum etc I certainly will be joining in on things on the site brilliant thank you all very much fingers crossed xxxxxxxx
  • bedBug98
    bedBug98 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi I was in very similar circumstances to yourself but we had to move. luckily I found a broker who was excellent at Sirius finance Drew or Adam and they were able to get me a mortgage on benefits give them a ring Good luck with this and your health issues
  • artsfutures
    Thank you so very much
  • artsfutures
     Hello - I gave them a call. We’ll see!! But very very very super grateful for the recommendation. Very best wishes, stay well. 
  • bedBug98
    Thats great I borrowed double what you need over 12 years as I will be 70 then and that seems to be the maximum 
    fingers x for you 
  • artsfutures
    Such good news for you ... I called them and await a call back. So grateful. Though ... we really are xtra outside the box!!!
  • bedBug98
    edited January 2021
    Another company that deals with mortgages for people on benefits 
    Together Finance 
    [Removed by moderator - phone number]
    just remember they all charge a fee 
    Good luck 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @bedBug98! I hope you're well. Just to make you aware, I've removed the phone number from your post as it breaks our community guidelines

Thank you for offering advice to artsfutures though! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • bedBug98
    That’s ok 
    thanks for the info 

Brightness