A bad one — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A bad one

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
Late yesterday I had my worst seizure for some weeks, senior management had to give me two lots of diazepam to stop them, don't get me wrong I've had grand mal and absence seizures for years now but apparently this was a bad one, and I had the iron in my hand (luckily cold).
I feel so rotten today I could cry, I feel like I am in limbo land half awake half asleep. I hate this condition with a vengeance.
Hopefully as the day goes on and the diazepam wears off I'll start to feel half human again.
Thanks for reading x
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to read this @woodbine - I hope you're feeling better as soon as possible. Take care, x
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear this @woodbine. I hope you start to feel much better soon.

I sort of know what you mean, I've been in extreme pain today and I don't know how much more I can take. I can't do anything, so I don't feel like part of the human race. It's very limiting, as is your condition. I just feel that life shouldn't be a constant battle... 
    Take care. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sending hugs and hoping you feel a bit better soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    @woodbine i'm sorry to hear this but also glad you have "senior management" there to take good care of you. I hope you start to feel a little better soon. Take it easy!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry you feel so bad hoping you feel better soon 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
       Hope you feel better soon
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that @woodbine

Make sure you get plenty of rest and look after yourself  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    Thank you for all your kind messages x 

I've just read something that has really upset me though, a 63 year old survivor of the 1966 Aberfan disaster has died of this dammed covid, to survive all those years from our biggest peacetime disaster to die from this virus is truly awful. x

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Sorry to hear about that Woodbine and I hope you feel a little bit better soon.

I can relate to the comment above about not feeling part of the human race and just wanting to feel normal.

That’s sad to hear about the death as well. A 35 year old fireman who was fit and healthy died near us recently so for all the people ignoring the rules because they are healthy and/or young it shows that even if you are fit and young you are not immune to it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree @woodbine I found out yesterday of the first person close to any of my friends passed away from covid too 

I didn't know them personally he was father of my podiatrist but brings it all closer to home 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope you feel much better soon @woodbine

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Hope you're on the mend now @woodbine .
    Do you not get any warning before fits?
    I remember when my son was very young he would get no warning and crash backwards to the floor as if he'd been shot at point blank range...spent a lot of his early years wearing a helmet....fortunately now he usually knows when one's about to come on and he'll lie down...
    Best wishes.
  • woodbine
    Sadly no I don't get a warning I've got more bumps and bruises than my 7 year old grandson  :'(

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that you have had a bad day and its a horrible condition to have a friend of mine had grand mol seizures she never knew when they were comring on  
  • woodbine
    Doing ok now thanks everybody for your messages of support x

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine that's good to hear  x
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m glad to hear that :smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Back when I was at Residential College over in Lincolnshire, I used to witness Epileptic students having bad seizures often, and it was quite scary.

• woodbine
    Back when I was at Residential College over in Lincolnshire, I used to witness Epileptic students having bad seizures often, and it was quite scary.

I don't consider myself to be "epileptic" I'm a person with epilepsy, my condition doesn't define who I am.

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine I don't think Mr Allen meant anything by it 

Brightness