What’s the last thing you bought online? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
Just a light-hearted thread, a random question that is of no consequence

What’s the most recent thing you purchased on the internet?

Mine was a Barbour T-shirt (a Christmas present)

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Oooh Barbour eh! Very nice  :)

I treat myself to some new Brooks trainers.  Mine are falling apart at the seams and these new ones are rather snazzy and illuminous.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A set of Eufy Smart Scales...  :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    A Taylor Swift lithograph for my daughters birthday next week. (she's a huge fan of hers or otherwise known as a Swiftie)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    A pair of boots very trendy ones 

Not often I buy them with only needing 1 but will donate other one to Jo's odd shoes along with some others I have 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    A £5 week to view diary which came bent and damaged courtesy of the great A!
    the pages are useable but the binding is awful to look at for the next year. ☹️

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Last thing I bought online was some Lace for Mum from Amazon last week, the sales receipt said it'd come today, it came the day before yesterday in fact.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    A new duvet... because somebody, not mentioning names... Ewan!... spilt coffee on it.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Just bought new charger cable for ipad which I have bought off a friend 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have had new pjs new slippers  new dressing gown perfume deodorant face cream  food shopping 

Online shopping is my thing I love it 

I have probably already said I live in a village and people tend to shop at the same places 

I get my lush bath bombs on line aswel and my csndrls 

I like on line shopping because they have different things  that you can't buy in shops and some of my friends  have online shops that they started on line due to the corona virus alot of small high street shops thst I like have gone on line aswell 

Sorry thst was a bit long 
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks for the responses everyone. It is really interesting to hear what people last bought. :smiley:

@lisathomas50 I agree that online shopping is a really good thing especially as someone with social anxiety and issues getting out to go to the shops :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I find it interesting hearing what people have been buying too.  It appeals to my inner nosey-ness!

Is anyone eyeing anything up to buy next?  I'm probably going to get a new book for my kindle; there are lots of 99p daily deals on Amazon that are too good a bargain to miss  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    I brought four of  Katie prices bath bombs to try out  and I brought some deodorant in a make up bag  
  • Lisatho11987777
    @66Mustang I started online shopping when my eyes got to bad to drive until had my operation I have been able to drive since 31st of December and went to morrisons to get food shopping  first time since March it was quite and not to bad and not allowed in without a mask and things  and I went to ickand the same there and they gave you an apron 

I think I have just got used to online shopping now and I can get different things love my bath bombs usually have the lush ones ordered some Katie price ones to try 
  • OverlyAnxious

Is anyone eyeing anything up to buy next? 
    A new laptop...but it seems like a complete minefield!!  :o 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @OverlyAnxious do you know what your  looking for I I usually type in ehst I am looking for  then they come  up I found that easier when I brought one for my son 
  • OverlyAnxious
    Not really haha!  I know roughly what I want (15.6" screen, 8GB RAM, decent audio, SSD and fast performance) but finding all the different processors confusing.   Always seems to be a compromise as well, like a fast processor with a small hard drive or a large hard drive with small RAM!  I'm just keeping an eye out for all the deals coming up...I never pay full price for anything!  :D
  • Lisatho11987777
    @OverlyAnxious its a nightmare like you say  I knew what my son wanted don't to the last detail lol  ha ha  there are so many laptops  

I was the same buying my free sat I wanted one that could  record  watch TV programmes  pause live TV and go back earlier on in the day and watch a programme  with a large hard drive and apps I got one after alot of searching lol ? 

Good luck hope you find what you want xx
  • 66Mustang
    @lisathomas50 really glad to hear you are able to drive again. I do go to the shops with a family member quite regularly. I wear a mask all the time but not heard of being given an apron to wear!

@OverlyAnxious would you consider a Mac?

Brightness