Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Pip premiums

Hello guys
My pip ran out November,refilled the forms in and was awarded again from november 2020 until may 2023,the problem I've got is I havent been paid my premiums on top of my ESA like I normally do,since november over been getting my usual esa payment of 260 quid,I rang them up to ask them where my premiums are since november,I've rang them nearly every day since november,normally the premiums are added to my ESA, its supposed to be 59 pound and 23 pound every week,when I rang them repeatedly and managed to talk to them they keep saying my pip claim ended in november and it hasn't been updated,what the hell is going on when they dont communicate with each other? Apparently I havent been paid the premiums as usual because their system hasn't updated my new award,this is pathetic and it's making my mental health deteriorate,I was supposed to get 360 today I got 260,the hell am I supposed to do with that? What a pathetic rip off country this is 

Replies

• dylan77dylan77 Member Posts: 18 Listener
    I'm wondering how they can get away with not paying me what I'm owed,since november they now owe me 1328 pound of premiums
    I also won at tribunal a few years ago and they had to back date me 10,000
    I've been told I will have a call back every day almost since november 2020,nobody has called me back at all,I was just on the phone to pip and they told me that I had a call back a few weeks ago and it went straight to answer machine,my phone cost 300 quid and all of a sudden it doesnt tell me who calls me? What a bunch of lying clowns
    I was rewarded pip from when it ran out in november,ESA havent had their system updated so it only shows them that my pip claim ran out,it doesnt show them my new pip award,so because of this I havent been paid my premiums on top of my esa since november,they owe me 1320 pound but when I ring them to ask them where this money is they keep telling me I will get a call back which never comes,I've had enough now and I want to put my head through a brick wall and on close to doing it
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,300 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I am sorry to hear about your trouble 

Could you ask to speak to your case manager rather than just the call centre they may be able to get things moving 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 11
    HI,

It sounds like you're in the Support Group, is this correct? If it is and you're claiming the old Income related ESA then your money will be £113.55 plus the Enhanced disability premium of £17.10 per week, which is automatically added to your ESA. This gives a total weekly amount of £130.65 per week (£261.30 each fortnight) Which sounds like what you're claiming.

The other disability premium is the Severe disability premium which is £66.95 per week (single person) the criteria to be eligible for this is you must live alone and no one must be claiming carers allowance or the carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you. You must also have a daily living PIP award. Does this apply to you?

The other disability premium of £34.95 (single person) or £49.80 couples) is not paid when claiming ESA.

If that applies to you then the SDP isn't automatically added and you need to ring ESA and ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone.

If they are still saying that your PIP award isn't showing on the computer then ring to ask to speak to a decision maker.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I answered your question over on your other thread, which is here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75964/pip-premiums#latest

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Yes I'm in support group and I was awarded standard rate of 59.70 a week and standard rate of 23.60,I normally get this on top of 260 esa,today I was only paid 260 esa and no premiums have been paid since november 2020
    edited January 11
    dylan77 said:
    Yes I'm in support group and I was awarded standard rate of 59.70 a week and standard rate of 23.60,I normally get this on top of 260 esa,today I was only paid 260 esa and no premiums have been paid since november 2020

The £260 includes 1 of the disability premiums which is the Enhanced one. Do you live alone and does anyone claim carers allowance or the carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you?

The £59.70 and £23.60 are the PIP amounts which are paid separate to your ESA. The premiums are not paid with your PIP claim, they are paid with your ESA. (if eligible for them)

Or are you saying you haven't been paid your PIP?
    Thanks for replying guys ,every time I ring them they wont put me through to a manager or anybody else,they keep saying all they can do is give me a call back but it never comes,they even lie and say we rang you when they never rang me at all,I've been by my phone 24/7
    I dont get enhanced,I get standard now on both until I go to tribunal and win again so I'm on enhanced again,its dumb coz they know I'm gona win every time
    I was paid 260 today esa and I was supposed to get that on top of the 59.standard and 23 standard I havent had the premiums added to my esa since november when my pip claim ended
    edited January 11
    I think you're getting confused by the premiums paid with ESA and your PIP amounts. The amounts you said of £59.70 and £23.60 are PIP standard rates for both parts. They are not ESA amounts.

May i ask if you've been receiving your PIP money every 4 weeks?
    I live alone and I dont claim carers allowance or anything,I was getting enhanced until November, I was getting 390 esa every 2 weeks and 490 pip a month and now it's gone to 260 esa every 2 weeks and my pip is now 333 pound,its a big jump just because I'm not enhanced any more
    On my bank statements it says pip paid you today or esa paid you today
    My friends here and says he dont claim pip but he gets esa of 220  standard esa so if he gets that I should 220 plus the premiums and not 260 quid
    The advice centre on the phone told me today that if I got 260 then I am missing premiums 
    edited January 11
    Your £333 for your PIP is the correct amount for your PIP award at the moment.

The £260 for your ESA doesn't sound correct to me and you should be receiving the Severe disability premium on top of that amount which is an extra £66.95  per week on top of your ESA. This would bring your ESA to £395.20 every fortnight.

You need to ring DWP/ESA and ask to claim the severe disability premium over the phone. This can also be backdated to the date it stopped providing all the other criteria apply. The number to ring for ESA is 0800 169 0310

Hope this helps.

edited January 11
    I was on that 395.20 that's enhanced but now since my new claim for some reason they havent given me enhanced they have given me standard and all I'm getting is 260 every 2 weeks,(Removed by moderator, offensive language)
    The £395.20 isn't called enhanced. It's ESA support group with the severe disability premium added. Your PIP money you're receiving is the correct amount for the award you have.
    So I'm only getting 260 a fortnight which is 20 quid more than what a normal person signing on would get
    Even though I qualified for standard on both
    Time to move abroad I think,what idiot can live disabled on such crap amount of money,and people wonder why this country is riddled with crime
    It's a big jump 395 a fortnight to standard of 260 a fortnight lol it's like a big joke
    I realise you've rang them mulitple times but if you ring again and tell them exactly what you want to apply for then it will help a lot. Ask to apply for the Severe Disability Premium (SDP) it can be claimed on the phone and they will ask you some questions, which shouldn't take long. Once a decision's been made if you're eligible then you'll receive backdated money from the time it stopped.

It will also increase your ESA to £395 every fortnight.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,430 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 11
    Hi @dylan77

Sorry to hear that this situation has occurred, it sounds quite confusing and stressful, I hope the above advice from Poppy has been helpful. Fingers crossed it has cleared up a few things for you and you can now go back to the DWP to again get what you're entitled to, I would definitely urge you to keep trying. 

Alternatively, if you have any more questions about the subject or would like to talk, feel free to post more on the community or give Scope's helpline a call. They're always there to talk, whether it be about benefits or any other subject, living alone can be hard in these times.

Are you able to effectively manage your mental health?

Finally, I have merged the two discussions you created into this one.
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.