Hi, my name is Clairebear! I missed my phone assessment, will I have to start my claim again? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Clairebear! I missed my phone assessment, will I have to start my claim again?

Clairebear
Clairebear Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone ?. I'm worried i've messed up claim for p.i.p again. I eventually got the form sent to them and 3 months later i got a txt saying i was getting a phone call assessment but unfortunately i missed it and don't know what to do, i'm currently trying to call them from my house phone but i've been on hold for about half an hour now. Can anyone please tell me if i'll have to start my claim again? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

If you contact them and explain they may offer new assessment if not they will return your file to DWP 

Its the assessment providers you need to contact try calling when they first open it's often easier to get through 

It can take a long time to get through so maybe stay on the call 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    I'm a little bit bemused, PIP can be worth thousands of £ per year and you missed the telephone assessment ? As @janer1967 says contact the assessors and hope they will agree to a new appointment should you have a good reason.
    And @Clairebear welcome to scope.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine bit confused cant see a comment from poppy ? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry @janer1967 my mistake have corrected it now
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• joethebear
    joethebear Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Clairbear, hope you can get things sorted , obviously nobody would want to to miss phone call deliberately but we don't know circumstances involved so wish you all the best 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Clairebear :) I like your username.

Were you able to get through to them? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I would advise you to ring the health assessment providers and DWP because your file may have been returned to DWP as you missed the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.