Sex life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sex life

DARRANWILLIS
DARRANWILLIS Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Who is the best person to help me with my sex life could someone send me the link thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome we have a section on this topic you may find helpful 

Have a look around you may also want to speak to your gp to get a referral to the right place 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @DARRANWILLIS, hello and welcome, I am not an expert but have found and been able to talk about my own sexual activity, problems since being diagnosed with MS and the medications that have lowered my libido and abilities to preform sexually. My physio and MS nurse where helpful in offering to obtain a different medications plan but my partner and I have managed to cope with my inabilities and still have intimacy without the full on sexual experience. Talking with a sex therapist will help and maybe contacting your GP practice and asking for a referral or if they have a contact details for you to self referral. It’s good to talk and share Darren.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DARRANWILLIS

In addition to the helpful responses you've already received, I'd recommend taking a look at a post we did today in recognition of STIQ (Sexual health awareness) day.  In this post there are links to various sexual support organisations that could be of use to you, plus Sophie's story about having Multiple Sclerosis and wanting sexual fulfilment.  

Is there anything in-particular you'd like to discuss with us?  We won't judge and this is a safe space.  There's no pressure to share but the option is there :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DARRANWILLIS

In addition to the helpful responses you've already received, I'd recommend taking a look at a post we did today in recognition of STIQ (Sexual health awareness) day.  In this post there are links to various sexual support organisations that could be of use to you, plus Sophie's story about having Multiple Sclerosis and wanting sexual fulfilment.  

Is there anything in-particular you'd like to discuss with us?  We won't judge and this is a safe space.  There's no pressure to share but the option is there :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness