2021 waiting time for assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 waiting time for assessment

tanya2595
tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
How long roughly have people who have recently had a pip assessment been waiting to hear back? They received my form 6 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet I know it can be a long process before people start telling me. Just wondering roughly how long you waited thank you! X

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    It's different in different areas depends how busy they are, can I ask is it a first time application or a renewal?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tanya2595
    @woodbine ah I didn’t know that thank you and it’s a first time application 
  • woodbine
    @tanya2595 you could always telephone them and ask what's happening, but it's now likely to be with the assessors.

• tanya2595
    @woodbine ok thank you. I think I will leave it a bit longer before contacting them. 
  • woodbine
    you're welcome

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

6 weeks really isn't long at all. A succesful claim can potentially take several months. Most people have telephone assessments at the moment because face to face assessments have been suspended. Once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tanya2595

I hope the above responses have been helpful. 

As touched on above, it's worth noting that the pandemic has slowed things down quite a bit, so that might contribute towards any delay or waiting time.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    @tanya2595 I received the notification that they had received my form on 28th October 2020. Got the notification first week of January 2021 and assessment is on Monday 18th January 2021. I live in South Yorkshire and assessment is being conducted by Atos
  • tanya2595
    @BrettW thank you. I’m from North Yorkshire so they told me it will be Atos doing my assessment too. Just waiting now for the assessment to come through. Probably won’t be until round about end of February/start of March I’m hoping but I know it could be even longer 
  • BrettW
    @tanya2595 I actually received a text message first telling me the date and time of the appointment and advised me I would receive a letter confirming the details which arrived 2 days later. Oddly enough as I was typing this response I've literally just had another message off them reminding me the appointment is on Monday  :D 
  • tanya2595
    @BrettW I’m just waiting now I know they will be very busy with the pandemic and Christmas just been. Good luck on Monday!! I set up my partner as a appointee and they said they would be sending a letter with all the information for him on about been a appointee and I still haven’t received that letter yet hoping mr postman will bring it today! Good luck! 
  • BrettW
    @tanya2595 Yeah its just a waiting game Tanya. I suppose you could always ring them and see if they can give you an estimation in regards to when you'll be getting your appointment.

Luckily mine is at 9am so I'm presuming I'm probably one of the first on the list of whoever is doing it that day. Lets just hope I don't end up with someone who aint a morning person :p I'm glad its early because I know I'd only be stressing out all day if it was later in the afternoon. It's on my birthday too so I'm glad I wont be spending the entire day fretting and ruining my birthday.
  • tanya2595
    @BrettW I might get my partner to ring up and see what information he can get as he also needs to ring but about not receiving the appointee letters anyway. 

Oh happy birthday for Monday. Yeah I think I would prefer mine on a early call so I’m not worrying all day about it but my partner is my appointee so he can also be on the call and talk for me too as I barley normally answer the phones to anyone even family my anxiety is so bad!! 

Good luck and I hope the person you get is a morning person ?
  • BrettW
  • BrettW
    @tanya2595 another quick update. Just had a phone call off PIP too advising me of the appointment and asking me to make sure my phone is fully charged because appointment can take up to an hour. They also told me the name of the lady who will be doing the assessment and said more time can be allocated to the call if needed. So far its been a friendly experience
  • tanya2595
    @BrettW that’s good I didn’t know they did that! Well wishing you good luck for Monday and a happy birthday too! Keep us update and thank you
  • mykiddies3
    mykiddies3 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Hi everyone! 
    Can I ask how do you know who has done the assessment? It’s just when I had a phone all for my daughters claim the lady said she was a nurse from dwp? She done a paper assessment and was just clarifying a few things! I’ve had a copy of my daughters assessment and that was also from dwp? It doesn’t say anywhere that it was from Atos or capita or anywhere else? 

Thankyou 
  • tanya2595
    @mykiddies3 hey I’m pretty new to this so I’m unsure how you know who Is doing it but when I phoned up dwp they told me it would be getting done by atos as that’s who does them in my area. Different areas are done by the other company but I’m pretty sure if you ring dwp up they should be able to tell you who carried out the assessment 
  • mykiddies3
    mykiddies3 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Thankyou! It’s just I’ve noticed in here that if people need to phone them they phone whoever done the assessment? I’ve only ever phoned the pip phone number? And it doesn’t say on the assessment anywhere who done it other than the nurses name? And when she phoned me to do the assessment she just said she was a nurse from the dwp? So I was wondering if the dwp sometimes just use their own people? 

Thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone! 
    Can I ask how do you know who has done the assessment? It’s just when I had a phone all for my daughters claim the lady said she was a nurse from dwp? She done a paper assessment and was just clarifying a few things! I’ve had a copy of my daughters assessment and that was also from dwp? It doesn’t say anywhere that it was from Atos or capita or anywhere else? 

Thankyou 

It won't be a nurse from DWP that did the paper assessment, it will be someone from the health assessment providers because these are the ones that do PIP assessments. It will either have been Capita or Independent Assessment Services, depending on what area you're in.

Once the report is written it's returned to DWP and then a decision maker looks at the as well as the evidence you sent and makes a decision.

I though you received the report which had a recommendation of Enhanced for both parts?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.