What’s the last thing you bought online? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the last thing you bought online?

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cress havent tried one of them I got one of the rug doctors to clean the camper van  and I got the window attachment  on mine makes it easier to clean the camper can 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    A game for the PS5 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I just purchased a new rug for my room after dropping my laptop on the wooden floor and breaking it. Hopefully the rug will soften the blow if it happens again and it looks nice! :smiley:
  • Lisatho11987777
    @666lizzie2 have you found anyone to fix it you can have it done on line but uou have to send it away to be done 
  • 66Mustang
    It’s still under warranty so I need to send it to Apple who will fix it but they aren’t open due to the lockdown :( just need to wait :/
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    What rotten luck @66Mustang - that's one thing I like about desktop computers.....they tend not to move around. There again, I've got a cat that likes nothing better than biting through wires! :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    @66Mustang just noticed I changed you to lizzy lol ?  sorry at least its under warranty I was looking on line in line for something  and saw something about screen fixing and thought of you  all the better if its under warranty  even though you have to wait 
  • 66Mustang
    That’s true about desktops @chiarieds! The other thing about them is when I inevitably spill my coffee on them I only have to replace the keyboard, not the whole computer!

I think you are able to get a spray that you put on the wires, that makes them not taste nice to cats?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @66Mustang - I hadn't heard of a 'don't bite me I don't taste nice, kitten' spray. I'll try to find some. I did wonder, if I ever managed to get away on holiday again, what I'd come back to....! I just treated myself to an expensive new keyboard recently, which came with a cover. No more cat hairs, as she must have had nocturnal walks across it, & so much nicer to type with.....I'm even a bit faster. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    update just ordered some light bulbs from amazon, aren't they expensive, mind you she who must be obeyed thinks I think that everything is expensive, or that i'm tight.
    Which isn't true i'm just careful !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Three bottles of zoflora....I heart zoflora ...
  • Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine I got a pack of 20 just before Xmas for 20 00 light bulbs  frim amazin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Day before yesterday I bought an Xbox One headset from Game, was supposed to be delivered to my Parents' this afternoon, obviously because of the weather they couldn't access the property, the tracking on Royal Mail says they'll try again tomorrow or the next working day.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Cress said:
    if you put a capful of zoflora in your kitchen sink at night add half a kettle of boiling water the kitchen will smell great next morning.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:
    update just ordered some light bulbs from amazon, aren't they expensive, mind you she who must be obeyed thinks I think that everything is expensive, or that i'm tight.
    My bathroom lightbulb blew the other day.  I've just swapped it for the hall one that I rarely used anyway...can't get tighter than that!   ;)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    That’s true about desktops @chiarieds! The other thing about them is when I inevitably spill my coffee on them I only have to replace the keyboard, not the whole computer!

I think you are able to get a spray that you put on the wires, that makes them not taste nice to cats?
    You must be more of a risk taker than I am!  Coffee near a laptop?  :o

Though I would like a crumb-proof keyboard!  :D
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    woodbine said:
    Cress said:
    if you put a capful of zoflora in your kitchen sink at night add half a kettle of boiling water the kitchen will smell great next morning.
    Ooh, I'll give that a go...I love all the different fragrances @woodbine
  • 66Mustang
    woodbine said:
    My bathroom lightbulb blew the other day.  I've just swapped it for the hall one that I rarely used anyway...can't get tighter than that!   ;)
    I used to do similar with batteries when I had a TV with a DVD player. I’d put the batteries in the TV remote to turn it on then take them out and put them in the DVD remote to switch the DVD on. No point paying for 2 sets of batteries. :D 
  • nicklarkin3663
    nicklarkin3663 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Recently I bought Chanel No 19 EDP perfume and It is a vibrant perfume that you can wear daily or for special occasions.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    An AMD 5800x CPU for my new computer build

Brightness