PIP Claim Denied, how to get it reconsidered successfully? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Claim Denied, how to get it reconsidered successfully?

LittleKitten
LittleKitten Community member Posts: 46 Connected
My PIP Claim has been denied, but I feel that this is unfair and that I should be getting PIP, how do I go through mandatory reconsideration successfully? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Your best bet is to look at the descriptors where you have scored no points but think you should have, giving examples of when you tired to do it and why you couldn't.
    Have a read of this:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

For the mr go through each descriptor you feel you should have scored more points and give at least 2 real examples of what happened when you tried to do that task 

Can you do task if not why not , do you need any support or aids to do it,  can you do it safely reliably and repeatedly,  what is the outcome if you try do it

Any relevant evidence like a statement from someone who sees you on a daily basis and possibly make a diary of daily living for a few days 

Good luck let us know how you get on 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.