Vaccination for home carers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vaccination for home carers

Options
janeq321
janeq321 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Has anyone heard if the government plan to vaccinate us parents who are Carers (and in receipt of the highest level of Carers Allowance) to children or young adults who are in the clinically vulnerable/shielding sector and due a vaccination by mid February? 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @janeq321 and welcome to scope, in short the answer is no, as far as i'm aware theres only one level of CA?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @janeq321 and welcome to our online community. I hope you are keeping well.

According to this Contact webpage, parents/carers of disabled children will fall into the same category as people with underlying health conditions, meaning they will be in the 6th priority group.  There's no time frame on when this will happen and hinges on the roll-out in various localities.  You can read more about the vaccine and priority groups in the Government's Covid-19 Greenbook.

I hope that helps.  How are you getting?  Please let us know if you need any support :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 502 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes priority 6 is what has been stated now, and it doesn't matter if you get Carer's Allowance or not (it only has one rate, as has been said above) but the advice is that you must ensure that your GP knows and has you listed as a carer so that you can be called.  It's worth checking if you are not sure.  Our surgery has had posters for years basically saying "if you are a carer then let us know"
    That is how you will also get called for flu jabs etc.

Brightness