Is the PIP review 6 months early? If I didn't pass the PIP review, would my CB ESA be effected? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is the PIP review 6 months early? If I didn't pass the PIP review, would my CB ESA be effected?

2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DEE9999

I'm glad the advice from Poppy has been helpful for you :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • DEE9999
    DEE9999 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Tbh I'm very upset and it's spiked my ocd. Im crying non stop as I've severe anxiety and Im very confused about it now being Nov 2022 review date instead of Feb 2022. I also am now scared that ESA contribution-based will get effected because of this. I'm sorry but I'm on my own and i have dark thoughts and suffering from trauma and I can't cope when there is ANY disruption. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this has affected you. I totally understand the anxiety these reviews cause, having been through them many times myself.

Regarding your PIP, yes it's been extended by 9 months but this is most likely because of the extent of the backlogs caused by the suspended reviews for 3 months at the start of the first lockdown and the other affects all caused through the pandemic. The health assessment providers and those working for DWP have mostly been working from home since the start of the first lockdown, so backlogs have continued to increase. They have also been concentrating on new claims more than reviews.

Your original award was due to end in Feb 2022 so your review would have been around August 2021 and you would have received the review forms sometime in that month, it would not have been 1 year before the award ended.

It's very unlikely that you will receive the forms before August this year. All i can adivse is that you try to relax becauase you have at least 7 months to wait for those forms.

Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DEE9999
    @poppy123456 I'm sorry it's just on top of my ocd and severe anxiety, trauma, bpd - i suffer severe health anxiety and have to have holter monitor test this week for heart, blood tests and it's making me worse, i can't get out of bed, so to have this on top is just too much for my head. I just don't understand, if it wasn't 12 months and 6 months, the fact that they sent it now, so close to February 2021,has made me very confused....x
  • DEE9999
    But also why 7 months, that would mean August 2021 (original Feb 2022) but its been extended to November 2022, so shouldn't that be May 2022? I don't understand 
  • poppy123456
    There's varying award length increases for a lot of people. For example my daughters award was due to end Feb 2021 and her award was extended until November 2021. I should have received her review form in August 2020 but i received it just before Christmas.

My award was due to end in October 2020 and it was first extended until April 2021. Then it was extended again to January 2022. I was orginally due to recieve my forms in April 2020 but i haven't yet received them.

Backlogs cause delays and rather than let people's awards end and be without money they are increasing them, which sounds logical to me.

To answer your ESA question, they are 2 totally different benefits. ESA Support Group, if that's the group you're in is an ongoing award and payments continue for as long as you remain in that group. Under normal circumstances, they can review your claim anytime from 3 months. Timescales given for an ESA award are just a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DEE9999
    It's just that I've read on FB forums how their pip awards have effected their esa! But just to clarify one more thing and I'm very sorry, its very hard for me - i understand everyone has been given different award lengths and extensions but if mine has been pushed back by 9 months to Nov 2022, then my forms shouldn't be sent out then until 6 months before which is May 2022? 
  • poppy123456
    Hmm FB, oh dear, sorry but this isn't the best place to go, especially not for advice on benefits. Your ESA will not stop completely because of a PIP award.

You are still concentrating on your extended award and you shouldn't. Just because an award has been extended, this doesn't mean you won't receive the forms around the time you should have received them. (for you this is August 2021) They've extended it purely because of the backlogs.

The extended awards have confused a lot of people and we've had many threads asking the same question "i've had my award extended but now i've received the review forms but why"
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 if you have had an extension on pip  until say eg 2022 and your forms come now to fill in do you still fill them in and send them back 
  • DEE9999
    Ok, so I'll then expect them in August, to coincide with the original award of Feb 2022, if I've FINALLY understood?  Isn't it a bit of a coincidence that 12 months, give or take, before my original award is due to end they've sent the extended letter? I'm so sorry 
  • poppy123456
    @poppy123456 if you have had an extension on pip  until say eg 2022 and your forms come now to fill in do you still fill them in and send them back 

Yes you do.
  • DEE9999
    @poppy123456Ok, so I'll then expect them in August, to coincide with the original award of Feb 2022, if I've FINALLY understood?  Isn't it a bit of a coincidence that 12 months, give or take, before my original award is due to end they've sent the extended letter? I'm so sorry 
  • poppy123456
    DEE9999 said:
    Ok, so I'll then expect them in August, to coincide with the original award of Feb 2022, if I've FINALLY understood?  Isn't it a bit of a coincidence that 12 months, give or take, before my original award is due to end they've sent the extended letter? I'm so sorry 

Yes you should expect them in August. There's no coincidence, awards are extended purely because of the backlogs caused from Covid. It's either that or awards start to end before a decision's been made and i know this would cause a lot of hardship for thousands of people.
  • DEE9999
    I think I'm going to stop going on forums today. I'm getting very overwhelmed. I thank you very much for all your help and patience poppy x
  • poppy123456
    You are most welcome. I have a lot patience, i live with my daughter who has ASD and a learning disability so i'm used to sitting down to explain the same thing several times to her.

I hope you have a lovely afternoon :)
  • DEE9999
    You are most welcome. I have a lot patience, i live with my daughter who has ASD and a learning disability so i'm used to sitting down to explain the same thing several times to her.

I hope you have a lovely afternoon :)
    Very kind of you that you help so many of us out whilst you're supporting yourself and your daughter. I also hope you have a lovely afternoon ☺️
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DEE9999

I hope the above advice has been again helpful. I have just popped you an email from community@scope.org.uk, it would be great if you could give it a read.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • DEE9999
    @Ross_Scope i did and replied, thank you ? 
  • mishelley3275
    mishelley3275 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    My PIP does not end until April 2022 but today I received my review. I am only assuming that it is this early due to the COVID-19 situation. I have to reply before the end of June also. When I will actually get a decision remains unknown. I will update with reply once I know more. I hope this helps everyone with dates etc 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.