PIP HELP NEEDED ASAP PLEASE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP HELP NEEDED ASAP PLEASE

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
So finally my Award Review Form has arrived, Yesterday Friday).

Should i treat it like a new claim guys?
it says i need to get it back by the 6th Feb would you guys send it off asap or delay it towards the end?
i no it comes with the envelope but is it worth paying to get it Special ND Delivery or not ? would i be wasting my money.
Has anyone sent the award review off and got a reply? if so let me no thanks everyone :P

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @samfits99 you ok? not seen you around recently?

!) yes treat it like a new claim sending as much relevant evidence as well
    2) you can phone them and ask for an extension to the return date they should give you 2 weeks.
    3) waste of money sending it sept.del. but do get proof of postage.
    4)make sure you send it at least 7 days before the due date, they should text you when its on the system.
    5) if you need an assessment it will be done by phone so make sure you make photo copies for reference

and finally good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

How odd, i thought you sent your review forms back in September.. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/73814/pip-award-review#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    edited January 2021
    @poppy123456   (thanks)  i missed that ! However the above advice still holds good for other people about to have a renewal.

• poppy123456
    woodbine said:
    @poppy123456   (thanks)  i missed that ! However the above advice still holds good for other people about to have a renewal.

You're welcome. Yes, indeed it is :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodbine
    @samfits99 is there something else we can help you with? If you want to talk most of us are good listeners.

• poppy123456
    Proof of posting is free from any post office and this is all that's needed. Next day delivery is a waste of money when returning anything to DWP because it doesn't mean it arrives the following day. Next day delivery/recorded delivery means it's signed for by someone from Royal Mail and not someone from DWP.

All post goes through the same mail sorting process and can take up to 10 working days to be added to the computer and it's not classed as arriving until this has been done.

• thinkingsoul
    thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    @woodbine

Thank you for all that information. I will treat it like a new claim. I would be frustrated having to do a telephone assessment as you can't judge someone over the phone only in person. I'm not going to waste money with ND delivery. would you send it in asap ? might ask them can I have a two week extension. hopefully this time I will get something for mobility. as I only get enhanced daily living but should of scored points to get lower rate mobility. Any other advice I should no? @poppy123456 sorry just feel lonely as I have no mates and not many people I can talk to. hope I get awarded it again !
  • woodbine
    @thinkingsoul it is thought that telephone assessments have worked in some claimants assessment as they can only go off a)the information you gave and b)the answers to their questions. You need to send it at least 7 days before the due date.
    The best thing you can is have a look online for the PIP descriptors.
    All DWP post goes to a royal mail delivery centre in Wolverhampton that's why I would never suggest recorded or ND delivery.

• poppy123456
    @thinkingsoul are you the same person as @samfits99 just different usernames?
  • Valerieco
    Valerieco Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Going from DLA to PIP JUST GOT forms a nightnare
  • poppy123456
    Valerieco said:
    Going from DLA to PIP JUST GOT forms a nightnare

HI,

It's important to remember that DLA and PIP are different benefits, with different criteria. When filling out the PIP forms you should make sure you put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you, including information of who was with you, where you were and a detailed explanation of exactly what happened.

You can ring DWP to request and extension to return the form, if you don't have enough of time. Use extra sheets of paper because the space on the form is very limited. Making sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence and the onus is on you to prove you qualify, not theirs.

Expect a telephone assessment because most people have them (they have replaced face to face assessments) Once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.

Providing the form is returned on time your DLA will continue until a decision's been made on the PIP.

Good luck.

• thinkingsoul
    thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    @poppy123456 if I do have to have a phone assessment I'm going to make it very clear that I'm going to record the whole interaction and will make a note of this on a separate paper. for my own personal use as well so they don't lie! can they award it you on the information you send? as you can't asses someone's needs over the phone fact ..
  • woodbine
    The truth is that some (not all) people find telephone assessments easier as they are not judged on their appearance on the day. @thinkingsoul have you had an experience where they have lied? As I understand it if you record a conversation with someone it means nothing unless they have agreed to it (this is again just my understanding) however you will find a read of the link below of interest:

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4283-pip-assessments-now-being-audio-recorded

• poppy123456
    Paper based assessments are possible but they are rare. Telephone assessment have been going extremely well and even more people are awarded without any problems.

I wouldn't call what they write a lie, more a HCP's interpretation based on what was written in the form, evidence sent and what was said during the assessment.

You should concentrate on filling the form in with as much relevant information as possible, rather than recording any assessment.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    @thinkingsoul - as mentioned, phone assessments have actually gone well. However, from you're previous replies, you feel you'll get a paper based assessment like @samfits99 due to your previous history. You say that you get the enhanced rate for the daily living component, but feel you should also get the standard rate for the mobility component. I've tagged @samfits who has similar disorders & expectancies; you might be able to share notes. samfits appears to have sent their review form off last September, so might prove useful, tho it's a little confusing that they've just said they got their review form last Friday. Anyway, hope they might be helpful. :)
  • poppy123456
    We've also got a couple of other members with similar stories as @samfits99 and @thinkingsoul. @ChloeHibbert and @Sandra_63 are the members i'm thinking of. Maybe you should all share notes,  this way you'll be able to help each other.
  • woodbine
    We've also got a couple of other members with similar stories as @samfits99 and @thinkingsoul. @ChloeHibbert and @Sandra_63 are the members i'm thinking of. Maybe you should all share notes,  this way you'll be able to help each other.
    @poppy123456 well spotted, maybe we should all save ourselves the effort !

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    woodbine said:
    @poppy123456 well spotted, maybe we should all save ourselves the effort !
    Save the effort of what?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for any confusion @BrettW - we're just trying to help several members with very similar experiences connect with each other...hopefully they can. They've all received advice, but sometimes sharing their personal experiences might better help. :)
  • woodbine
    chiarieds said:
    Sorry for any confusion @BrettW - we're just trying to help several members with very similar experiences connect with each other...hopefully they can. They've all received advice, but sometimes sharing their personal experiences might better help. :)
    You are far far more diplomatic than I could ever be  B)

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.