PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
kes2611
kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
Hi all. Am waiting for a decision on my pip.It finishrd in nov but cause of covid it was extended till may.Sent all forms bck in nov. If my pip is denied us it stopped straight sway? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

If you're refused once the decision is made then yes your PIP will stop, even though your award was extended. This is because any new decision overrules your existing award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kes2611
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Will have to call pip n esa tom n see what is going on.Got letter to say as of may my ESA money is going down n on the breakdown my disability add on is mussing frim nsy.May is when my PIP was extended to cause of covid. Matb they have just out that cause it wnd date of PIP that they have. Am worried  My PIPwas denied but then my ESA payments wld xhange now n not may.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You'll need to ring ESA not PIP and they will tell you why your ESA is due to decrease in May. As advised, it's very likely due to your PIP being extended even further than it originally was.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope everything goes well with your PIP renewal @kes2611

I'm sure everything will be okay, let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kes2611
    Options
    Hi everybody. Just an update. Spoke to pip n my payments extended till august as was in letter n i am waiting on a medical assesment. Man said they will text me with a date n time. Goin to call ESA n tell them there letter they sent is wrong. Xz
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi hope you get it sorted with esa I wouldn't say the letter was wrong more based on incorrect info about your PIP extension but yes a call can hopefully sort it for you  
  • kes2611
    Options
    Will call ESA n tell th my extenstion is august n not may. 
  • loubie2102
    loubie2102 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi guys! 

I received my assessment for pip letter.... the lady who did my report put everything down correctly! ... I was in shock as I’ve heard a lot of bad reviews with regards to this!
    she basically gave me 8 points for daily living and 8 for mobility.... 
    would this mean I would get pip or can my decision still be denied. 
    Thank you 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi they usually go with the report when making the decision so fingers crossed 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The truth is out of the millions of claims for PIP most people have a fair assessment leading to the correct award, we only tend to read about the unsuccessful claims across the internet.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.