Timeframe ESA to Universal Credit migration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Timeframe ESA to Universal Credit migration

spb1612
spb1612 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I could not find a definite answer.

All those on ESA will eventually be migrated to Universal Credit.

What is the timeframe of this migration?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Like all the changes it's probably anyones guess
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

2024 they're saying but like everything else, they usually take quite sometime to transfer people across from one benefit to another. Take DLA to PIP transfer as an example, there's still about 600,000 people waiting to be invited to apply and PIP was introduced in April 2013.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • spb1612
    spb1612 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    I assume I don't have to do anything when this migration takes place.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Yes you do because it's not an automatic switch over. You'll receive a letter inviting you to apply and you'll have 3 months to do that, if you don't then your current ESA award will stop. Your ESA award will be honoured in UC when you do claim, if you're in the Support Group when the time comes then you'll be placed into the LCWRA group.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.