PIP HELP NEEDED ASAP PLEASE - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP HELP NEEDED ASAP PLEASE

Comments

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    woodbine said:
    chiarieds said:
    Sorry for any confusion @BrettW - we're just trying to help several members with very similar experiences connect with each other...hopefully they can. They've all received advice, but sometimes sharing their personal experiences might better help. :)
    You are far far more diplomatic than I could ever be  B)
    Anyone who has ever moderated any sort of public discussion group will tell you that people will always ask the same questions over and over again. Some just don't bother to search through past posts and others simply aren't computer savvy enough to realise its an option. Either way it takes the right kind of attitude to give advice on such forums and maintain a professional approach at all times :smile:
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    BrettW said:
    woodbine said:
    chiarieds said:
    Sorry for any confusion @BrettW - we're just trying to help several members with very similar experiences connect with each other...hopefully they can. They've all received advice, but sometimes sharing their personal experiences might better help. :)
    Anyone who has ever moderated any sort of public discussion group will tell you that people will always ask the same questions over and over again. Some just don't bother to search through past posts and others simply aren't computer savvy enough to realise its an option. Either way it takes the right kind of attitude to give advice on such forums and maintain a professional approach at all times :smile:

They do yes but these members that have been tagged in this thread have such simialar stories, even as far as having paper assessments, to reviews and then even having their awards renewed after a phone call from a decision maker. Then some months later receiving even more review forms....
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BrettW
    BrettW said:
    woodbine said:
    chiarieds said:

They do yes but these members that have been tagged in this thread have such simialar stories, even as far as having paper assessments, to reviews and then even having their awards renewed after a phone call from a decision maker. Then some months later receiving even more review forms....
    Yes I understand all that Poppy but that wasn't actually the point I was making if you read my post again :):smile:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    BrettW said:
    woodbine said:
    chiarieds said:
    I have moderated a number of forums over the years going back to the mid 90's and the early AOL forums and more recently for a time one of the UK's largest MSE, the problem arises when the same people ask the same question on a number of ocassions, or when you get alter ego's having discussions on the same thread,if only it was as simple as you seem to think all would be well.  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BrettW
    woodbine said:
    BrettW said:
    woodbine said:
    chiarieds said:
    I have moderated a number of forums over the years going back to the mid 90's and the early AOL forums and more recently for a time one of the UK's largest MSE, the problem arises when the same people ask the same question on a number of ocassions, or when you get alter ego's having discussions on the same thread,if only it was as simple as you seem to think all would be well.  :)
    Regardless of the content of the forums like what you have stated above a certain level of professionalism should still be maintained. Ultimately anything said on these forums ultimately reflects back on Scope itself as they in fact offer these forum services 
  • woodbine
    @BrettW I couldn't agree less if I tried, we are NOT professionals we are ordinary disabled people doing our best in our own time in our own way to help other ordinary disabled people, scope offers this service because it serves a great purpose it gives its members access to others like themselves 24/7, many of us even gave some of our time over Christmas to make sure there was somebody here to listen or a shoulder to cry on.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BrettW - we were all trying to be polite & helpful, however several of us feel that some member(s) ask such similar questions so much that we believe they are the same person, as @woodbine mentions with their alter egos, which @poppy123456 picked up on. Now we would be most happy to chat with them about absolutely anything, & would help & support them as much as we could, but it becomes difficult if they don't want to. I'm not sure what we can possibly do, but would rather they were just able to be themselves rather than having so many persona.... of course that may be part of their disability. I hope that goes someway to answering your query.
    We are used to answering the same queries over, & over again, & Poppy probably does the majority of those...that in itself has never been a problem here.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, i very often feel like a parrot but it's fine, i don't have a problem with that. Yes, members could use the search function but i also understand that some people have never been on a forum before. Others will come for advice because they have no where else to go and the first thing they do is ask the questions, rather than search.

If people are lonely and need some support or just someone to talk to, there's always someone here. The coffee lounge has some great threads that people can join in with the discussions.

We are not professionals and we don't get paid for the advice we give. We are disabled people that give our time freely to help others.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BrettW
    I understand what you are saying @chiarieds but whether people are doing this voluntarily or not the bigger picture needs to be looked at. 

Imagine a total newcomer coming to this forum and reading the first part of this thread and basically seeing people making statements about whether people giving advice should even bother with people. Do you think these people, who remember are probably feeling vulnerable and desperate for reassurance are going to feel like these forums are a welcoming place?

They are not going to be aware of the situation and their first impressions of the forum are not going to be positive. This is why I said a certain level of professionalism needs to be maintained

I know its annoying dealing with multiple accounts and repeated questions from the same people but there are many others coming to these forums who won't be aware of this situation

The old adage of 'if you can't say anything good then don't say anything at all' really should be applied here

Like it ir not when you make a comment on here people on the outside will ultimately see this as a reflection on Scope
  • BrettW
    @poppy123456 I totally agree with what you say and believe me the time people devote to this forum is greatly appreciated but there is a point to be made here.

I've lost count of the times I've seen you post a comment on here seeing you put 'I've answered this for you on your other thread' which is a perfectly appropriate and professional way of approaching it. What isn't acceptable is seeing comments along the lines of 'I don't know why we bother!'

I know its frustrating and maybe it would be a good idea to make a private FB group or something where you people can go and scream your heads off in private but here on the forums is not the place those sort of remarks should be
  • chiarieds
    I agree with you @BrettW - altho we are not professionals, what we say reflects upon Scope. I'm sorry if you've got a bad impression of us, or feel newcomers might too. That isn't our intent, honestly. However if people like Poppy & woodbine didn't comment then perhaps there would be very few comments, if any at all.
    If I may, I would ask you to look around the forum, to look at the advice given; the help & support, before judging us so badly, thank you. If you have continuing problems then please do contact the Scope team.
  • chiarieds
    Oof, where did Poppy say along the lines of, 'I don't know why we bother?' & I'm finding your comments becoming somewhat offensive. I would urge you to contact the Scope team with your issues, thank you.
  • BrettW
    edited January 2021
  • BrettW
    Actually re-reading my comment i can see how you may have thought the second part of my comment was referencing poppy when in fact it wasn't. I was using poppy as an example of a perfect example of a good professional response the second part of the comment about coming across as not bothered was in relation to other comments in the thread not related to poppy. For that I apologise on not making my point clearer @chiarieds
  • chiarieds
    OK, thank you for that, as I know Poppy does her utmost to help. I'm very sorry if you have picked up on myself or others wrongly. I do know the time & effort members put in in trying to help. It's often difficult to make the contents of our words completely clear....you also inadvertently caused me distress, & I nearly reported your post for saying, 'it would be a good idea to make a private FB group or something where you people can go and scream your heads off in private but here on the forums is not the place those sort of remarks should be.'
    It was in the plural, & could only be about Poppy, woodbine & myself, or just us latter two. I hope, as I suggested, that you might look around the forum to see how much help we honestly try to give. Again, if you then have any concerns, please contact the Scope team. I'll not comment further, & wish you goodnight.
  • woodbine
    @chiarieds you summed it up 100%correctly, between us you poppy and myself have over 30,000 post on this forum, suggest to me that we must be doing something right ! I think it unfair that a relative newcomer should feel the need to sit in judgement @BrettW. and tell us how we must behave !

• BrettW
    woodbine said:
    @chiarieds you summed it up 100%correctly, between us you poppy and myself have over 30,000 post on this forum, suggest to me that we must be doing something right ! I think it unfair that a relative newcomer should feel the need to sit in judgement @BrettW. and tell us how we must behave !
    Have a nice day
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • woodbine
    @BrettW thanks i'll try my best    @lisathomas50 i'm not sure bringing religion into it helps  :)

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @woodbine please be aware you are much appreciated on the forum so please ignore the baiting. Best wishes.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.