Pension Age - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension Age

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Very odd,... usually you have a letter inviting you to apply for PIP. Then you ring to start your claim and they send you the forms to fill in an return. Oh well you have your award which is all that matters.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 sorry I just feel the need to explain I even tried to find the letter ? lol but as you said I have my award and you blessed up ehst ongoing means thank you 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @poppy123456 that supised to say cleared up what ongoing means 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I think we need to clear this one up after all there are still many people waiting to be moved from DLA to PIP, BY 2014 dla had gone and pip was in, so if someones dla award ran out in 2014 they would have been invited to apply for pip.
    There is no way anyone moved from dla to pip without having to apply for pip and being assessed.
    I hope that's cleared that one up for everybody?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    @ woodbine I cant help it if I didnt fill a form in I have the letter here somewhere which I will post on here 
  • woodbine
    There are still many thousands of people on DLA that are still waiting to be moved to PIP  I am just concerned that they get the wrong idea about the process especially those who come here to scope for advice.

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine my apologies  your right
  • poppy123456
    Yes, just as I thought...  :|
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi guys,

Speaking from personal experience, I received DLA pre-2014 and thereafter was sent a letter to re-apply for PIP, complete a claim form and have a face to face assessment.  This is the standard process, as outlined in this Citizens Advice webpage:

You’ll carry on getting DLA if you were 65 or over on 8 April 2013. For everyone else aged 16 and over, DLA will stop and you’ll need to claim PIP instead - even if you have a ‘lifetime’ or ‘indefinite’ award for DLA. 

You won’t automatically move over to PIP. You’ll get a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) asking you to make a new claim.

Nevertheless, as @poppy123456 said, the important thing here is @lisathomas50 has her rightful award.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    @woodbine my apologies  your right
    for the benefit of others lisa you might want to expand on that ?
    but apology accepted

• Cher_Alumni
    @ woodbine I cant help it if I didnt fill a form in I have the letter here somewhere which I will post on here 
    @lisathomas50 There's no need to do that, you have nothing to prove  :)   Please don't worry.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2021
    I wasn't going to comment any further here but i feel like it's needed. Yet again in a thread there's mis-information given and this shouldn't be allowed to continue. Yes, everyone has their own experiences but when the information given isn't correct the comments should be removed.

As admin has pointed out several times, if you give advice then please back it with a link. 99% of the time when i give advice, i'll back it up with a link to confirm the advice i've given is correct.

Things on the community are just not the same, or is it just me? :/
  • woodbine
    @poppy123456 it's not just you I know I have felt the same for some time and that others have their concerns, scope need to be more pro-active in removing mis-leading threads, i'm not saying opinions but things that mis-lead and are pointed out as doing so, somebody new to the forum and seeing something presented as fact that is purely opinion might go away with the wrong idea.

• Cher_Alumni
    @Username_removed Thank you for that explanation.  It's a complex system to us lay folk and that's helped demystify some aspects of it certainly for me - much appreciated.

• Lisatho11987777
    @Username_removed thank you so much for your comment  you have made me feel so much better  that someone else can explain that it does happen I was at  at a loss and upset thank you so much 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Oh right that’s interesting so if you don’t fill out the form it’s ok as you still get your Assessment you usually get a letter or a text to let you know when they’re calling or do they just call out the blue ? Because I would want warning to when there gonna call I have another year or so before my review . 

So even if you don’t send back your forms in time you still get your assessment? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @cupcake88 I have never had to fill any forms since 1999 my award gets renewed snd I just get an award notice I have been awarded ongoing now which is ten years  unless of course I die but ism never going to get better 
  • woodbine
    @lisathomas50 so in your case did someone else make the call?

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Must admit I'm also wondering.....& why show a letter showing an ongoing mobility award from Oct 2014, then just show the corner of a letter dated Nov 2020, but nothing else?
  • woodbine
    edited January 2021
    chiarieds said:
    Must admit I'm also wondering.....& why show a letter showing an ongoing mobility award from Oct 2014, then just show the corner of a letter dated Nov 2020, but nothing else?
    Its just so wrong, there are so many good people on here, yet just the odd bad apple is spoiling it for the majority, some days I feel like i'm back in the school playground !
    Scope really need to get a grip and stop allowing just <moderator removed - offensive language - Please be mindful of the words you use - Cher> from stopping this being the forum it so recently was.
    Just of course my humble opinion.

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.