ESA and moving in with partner — Scope | Disability forum

ESA and moving in with partner

daxiegirl Member Posts: 2 Listener

I am looking for some advice. I’ve been unwell from a young age and lived with my parents (who are my carers too), I have received ESA since a young age also but I have never been well enough to work, I also had to leave school at 14 due to severe health and wasn’t well enough to continue any education either. My question is, I am on a mixture of contribution based ESA with (I think) an income related top up - would this continue if I was to move in with my partner who works full time from home? It would be my first time moving out of home but I’m concerned about my ESA being stopped/reduced if I move in with him. I also receive PIP but know this won’t be affected. Will my ESA continue? I receive £261.30 every two weeks. Thank you in advance :)



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.