DWP report received notification text — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP report received notification text

BrettW
BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
Well it seems that the DWP are doing a rather good job of keeping me informed about the process of my PIP claim.

Had the telephone assessment yesterday and just received a text notification to say that they have received the report from the assessor and I just have to wait now for the decision (can be up to 8 weeks according to text)

I'm quite impressed that even with everything going on that the DWP have managed to keep me informed throughout the entire process so far :smile:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great you can request a copy of the report now tho I would leave it a couple of days that is if you decide you want a copy 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW that's good news  you just have to wait now hope it went well I think it depends  where you live aswel its pretty good in wales when it goes right lol 
  • BrettW
    Thanks for that @janer1967 I will do. I'd like to see whats in the report because she actually mentioned a few things I presume she'd read off my medical report that even I wasn't aware of :) Will be interested to see if they have been mentioned in there
  • BrettW
    @lisathomas50 I'm in South Yorkshire but have no idea what the backlog is around here.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Let us know how you get on 

I am in south yorkshire too but my review was a couple years ago now 
  • BrettW
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's a really quick turnaround for them to have received the report @BrettW, it does sound like everything has been very smooth with your PIP claim so far - thanks for keeping us all in the loop!
    Have you requested a copy of the assessment report?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW as above really give it till next week and ask for a copy of the assessment report (PR4), it should give you an idea of what the award will be,the DM usually goes with the report but not always, the report will have dots next to each descriptor add them up in each part to see how many points they have scored you in care and mobility.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BrettW
    Phoned them this morning @woodbine they are sending it out to me :smile:
  • BrettW
    That's a really quick turnaround for them to have received the report @BrettW, it does sound like everything has been very smooth with your PIP claim so far - thanks for keeping us all in the loop!
    Have you requested a copy of the assessment report?
    @Adrian_Scope when I started the claim back in October they gave me the option of filling in the form electronically and returning it to them via a special upload link. 

I received a text message the day after submitting it to confirm it had been received by DWP. I then got a text message at the beginning of January advising me of the date of the assessment followed by a letter a few days later.

A couple of days before the assessment I received a further text reminding me of the assessment followed by a phone call later that day confirming the date and time as well as the name of the assessor.

I had the assessment on Monday just gone (18th) and then the day after (yesterday) got a further message advising me that the DWP were now in receipt of the report.

Regardless of whatever decision I receive I cannot fault the DWP in how they have conducted my claim.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW did you find it a lot easier doing it electronically 
  • BrettW
    @BrettW did you find it a lot easier doing it electronically 
    Would say pretty much the same as if filling in a paper form. One positive though is you get notification really quickly that they have received your form and you also don't have the extra worry of wondering if they got it or if its been lost in the post :smile:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I doubt that it's easier online probably just more convenient, the copy of the assessment gets back to the dwp faster now as its sent by email, so usually it gets to them in 24 or 48 hours.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW it won't be long before its all electronic lol ? 
  • naila_007
    naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    If you dont mind me asking roughly how long after submitting your form did you receive notification of your assessment.  They have received my form and i got a text message last week if needs be someone will contact me for an assessment. Am based in North Manchester and my first claim.

• BrettW
    naila_007 said:
    If you dont mind me asking roughly how long after submitting your form did you receive notification of your assessment.  They have received my form and i got a text message last week if needs be someone will contact me for an assessment. Am based in North Manchester and my first claim.

I received the email confirming they had my form on 28th October @naila_007 - I recieved the text and letter for the assessment date the first week in January. I live in South Yorkshire so the time period you wait could be shorter or longer than mine
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I think the plan is to move PIP to be as much digital as possible for the future. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW Good luck with the outcome, I have my fingers crossed for you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @MarkN88 probably be alot easier and may help to spead up the process  
  • BrettW
    Thanks @Cher_Scope

@MarkN88 It does speed up the submission but I think a lot of people would struggle with it in it's present form because it involves downloading the form, filling it in on either Word or PDF then uploading via a special website. If they integrate the form into the website then I think it would be a lot easier for people to do

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.