Vaccine yet ? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vaccine yet ?

Comments

• Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Hi to all,

Mine says between Feb and June for 2nd dose.
    Thankyou for the info everyone

Sparklebright63
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    66Mustang said:
    Looking forward to getting mine but I understand I’m probably bottom of the list being in my 20s with no physical health conditions and not being a key worker.
    There is an online calculator now if you'd like to know roughly when yours should be.  Mine is estimated as between July and September so you're probably around that time as well.
    Did you use “omnicalculator”? It says I’ll get mine between May and July for some reason! I’m 27 and answered no to all of the other questions. 
    Mine is also between May and July now.  It was a few days ago when I checked originally.  I reckon they've updated it as more vaccines are being done per day. 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    That's handy, thanks @66Mustang
    Mine says between 29 jan and 20 Feb.
    Sooner the flippin better ay?
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    I'm not sure how accurate the calculator is as it depends on the vaccines getting through to different areas. According to the calculator I will be called between 29 January and 17 February which is on track with the Government guidelines. I won't hold my breath though  :)
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Cress maybe they are calling all Cress' on the 29th January! I just saw your post.  :smiley:
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine came up as between 28th feb and 31st march, apparently my epilepsy is a condition that pushes me up the list, and probably because i'll be 62 by then. Time will tell.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Does anybody know when a mental illness is considered “severe”?

I don’t know if I have a condition that puts me higher up the list as it is rather vague for mental conditions and just says “severe mental illness”.

I don’t know if any of my mental illnesses are considered severe.

To be honest if I got Covid it won’t make any of my mental issues (significantly) worse or vice versa, so I don’t want to take a vaccine off someone who genuinely does need it sooner.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang that's probably something you would need to speak to your dr about  and what order you come in as far as the vscine is concerned  if that's any help 
  • 66Mustang
    Thanks @lisathomas50 yes I guess I should ask. I’m being treated for several conditions some of which are not even diagnosed so I don’t know where I stand officially! Like I say though I’m happy to be at the bottom of the list as there are lots people more in need of a vaccine than me.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @66Mustang if I remember your in your 20s so you probably will be lower down unless your dr thinks its important for you to have 

Unfortunately I cant have it 
  • 66Mustang
    Sorry to hear that :( why can’t you have it out of interest, unless you’d rather not say? Is it to do with you having had Covid in the past?
  • Lisatho11987777
    @66Mustang its for two reasons your right about haveing corona virus its because I have had it more than once and becsusr of ibe of medications  

The risk is higher if I have it  I have corona virus now aswel 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    If you've got Covid now @lisathomas50 you will be in the same position as someone who has had the vaccine once you are clear of it - i.e. you will have built up antibodies against it
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW this is the 3rd time I have no antibodies  I have lupus so I et anything and everything  the risk is if I have the vaccination it gives you a small amount of the virus  that normal people will fight and build up anti bodies but it could hive it me again 

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I thought the vaccine uses an inactive strain of the virus?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it has to be said at this point that all GP surgeries are asking people not to contact them regarding the vaccine as we will all be called to get it when its our turn, from what I have read there are very few contra indications with any of the three vaccines, and i must say that i have only ever heard or read about anybody getting Covid three times on this forum.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW thsts what i was told i don't know to be fair I only go on what my dr says lol ? 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    66Mustang said:
    https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

I used this but not sure how accurate it is

Just search Google for “Covid vaccine calculator” to find others
    Thanks for sharing this @66Mustang! This puts me at 28 Feb - 31 March. Didn't think it would be so soon but only time will tell I guess. :)

Great thread @woodbine - I know a few people that have had the vaccine already. I did see that comedian Jason Manford has volunteered as a driver, taking vulnerable people to the appointments which I thought was great. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Hi to all,

I will be pleased when everyone has had their vaccine then we might get back to some normality in life if you can call it that and be able to mix again really missed seeing family and grandchildren.

Sparklebright63.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I am due to have mine sometime between the end of February and the start of May. Not sure how much difference it will make to our lives while some people are still against the vaccine. I nearly laughed in the face of a friend a few weeks ago when she said that if she had the vaccine it will alter her DNA and she would no longer be completely human, she also refuses to wear a mask and keeps saying that it is no worse than the flu. She then told me she supported Trump and all the rubbish she just told me made sense.

Brightness