Vaccine yet ? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vaccine yet ?

124»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine to be fair boris Johnson has had a rough time of it copeing with brexit haveing corona virus himself at the beginig and dealing with a major pandemic  i dont think any one could do any better 
    my point exactly
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976

Colin the Caterpillar is a birthday cake been sold for years now think they are in asda but others do something very similar 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @Ellestar :) oooh please do @Cher_Scope thats if I manage to nab a piece before it's all gone :D
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Got to be honest the Colin the Caterpillar threw me as well. I'd never heard of him lol. You can never have enough birthday cake :smiley:
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    "Colin the Caterpillar" is a chocolate roll cake sold by British store Marks & Spencer. More than 15 million cakes have been sold since it was introduced in 1990. Wikipedia
    Main ingredientschocolate sponge cake, buttercream and shell; white chocolate
    Created byMarks & Spencer
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cressida

Thanks for that and giving the right info 

Think lots of other retailers have copied and made their own versions since 

I know I got one in aldi but it wasnt as nice 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    I am happy to wait my turn and believe that when the medics see it appropriate they will call me. It is important that we get those most at risk vaccinated first and then build on from there. People need to continue to follow government guidelines and look out for each other, sadly not everyone views the situation in this way. I hope everyone continues to remain well. Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It was my birthday on Tuesday, and we had Clyde the Caterpillar :) 

To answer the OP, I haven't had the vaccine yet, I'll probably be amongst the last. However my partner, a front line worker, has her first dose on Monday.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Belated happy birthday @Ross_Scope ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    and from me @Ross_Scope a very happy belated birthday hope the day went well, and the coming year is a massive improvement on the last one  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Well from look of news reports today wales could be on lock until Easter or even longer  its slow going with the vacine here and then we get a snow warning lol the beauty of wales ? 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you @leeCal and @woodbine, it was lovely thank you. Yes, coming here made it a definite upgrade :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Happy belated birthday @Ross_Scope, hope you had a good one :) Thank you. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @WestHam06 I have family members who are frontlune NHS and key workers and  your words will mean alot 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Well said! @WestHam06
    I had to have a tooth out yesterday and the dentist was talking about her son, I remember thinking, "that's scary, having to work in such close proximity to patients and then going home to your child at the end of each day"
    It would worry me sick!
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cress hotels in wales have allowed ftontline workers to stay so that it cuts down the risk of  passing the virus to family members  which has been really good 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    janer1967 said:
    @Cressida

Thanks for that and giving the right info 

Think lots of other retailers have copied and made their own versions since 

I know I got one in aldi but it wasnt as nice 
    Lol I hope it didn't seem pedantic! I found out 2 of my work colleagues were having an affair when she left a caterpillar cake outside his office door :) on his birthday. He was embarassed and gave me the cake which I bought home for my son! 
  • WestHam06
    edited January 2021
    I understand what you mean @Cress, and it's only when you hear of real life stories such as the one you mention that it really brings it home. The risk they are being asked to take on a daily basis, it's hard to comprehend. Hope you are ok after having your tooth out. Thank you.

Brightness