PIP extended even with 4 years left. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP extended even with 4 years left.

worried33
worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
DWP just sent me a letter stating they extended my award even when I still had 4 years left. This seems to indicate they anticipate the assessment problems continuing for several years. I hope this information is useful to others.

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Oh really that’s good I haven’t had any letter from them saying mines as been extended mines got another year and abit left . 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I wonder if they've just extended everyone's rather than trying to pick out individuals.  4 years seems a bit much if not.

I'm still waiting for my extension letter, despite others ending the same month already receiving theirs.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I had mine today too I had award till 2025 and they have extended till 2026 

Think it a bit early to need to extend that far but not complaining 

Tho I know it.diesnt mean a lot they can still review before this 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @worried33

That's an interesting speculation (that they're going to extend most people's due to the backlog) but I guess we will see.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    janer1967 said:
    I had mine today too I had award till 2025 and they have extended till 2026 

Think it a bit early to need to extend that far but not complaining 

Tho I know it.diesnt mean a lot they can still review before this 
    My mum received the letter this morning too. She got given a 5 year award so it’s not due to end until October 2025 and it’s been extended until September 2026. 

The letter mentions:

”We suspended PIP award reviews because of covid”

and 

“We have now begun reviewing PIP awards again and we may look at some awards later than we originally planned. To make sure that you still receive your payments we have extended your award”

I’m guessing they anticipate they might not be able to review on the anticipated review date that was set so they are extending them as a precaution maybe? 
  • worried33
    edited January 2021
    My extension (I think) was only a few months, I havent got my original award letter to hand but I think it was around spring 2025, and now its end of september 2025.

Ok it was a year.  I have a photo of it (as had to make it as proof for disability train ticket), and original award was July 2024 end date.

I thought my claim started last year but was 2019, lost track of time.
  • cupcake88
    Well looks like I have been left out I haven’t received any thing .  I hope they haven’t forgot me . My award is due to end June 2022. 
  • janer1967
    @cupcake88 dont worry about it still plenty of time yet 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 the post seems to be slow atm so might arrive next week?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 your welcome
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    I haven't received mine yet. Been on pip for 3 years award ends May 2022. Mental illness so daily living etc.someone I knew received there's so maybe it's only certain individuals 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope glad my review was done a year early then 
  • worried33
    cupcake the post is a mess at the moment, and I only got this today, give it at least a few weeks.  Only a week ago I had post from December shoved through my letter box, was a massive backlog.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Yeah it may take a while, my mums letter was dated 4th and it’s only arrived today. 
  • worried33
    I just checked mine its dated the 13th January. So post is very slow.
  • joethebear
    joethebear Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Got my review form it was dated Jan 1 received it 10th says you've got a month to return but already lost 10days ! Got extension of 2weeks but I'm ready to return it now so will do 
  • janer1967
    @joethebear good luck with your review 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @joethebear
    :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.