No appology — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No appology

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
I can make no appology when I call someone out for presenting opinion as fact or just providing unresearched information as fact that cannot be the truth.
It has become painfully obvious over the last few days that this forum badly misses poppy123456 and her sage benefits advice, no one on here has half the depth of knowledge that they had.
It is with some regret that my best advice to those seeking benefits advice would be to contact CAB or welfare rights or an online benefits checker like "turn2us".
Thank you
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Totally agree @woodbine ☹️

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    MSE has a good benefits advice forum...
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I would like an apology as I am not a liar
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree poppy is sadly missed 

We did get through a period without her last year so I am sure we can pull together and do it again 

Adrian does have great knowledge and agree he should be tagged 

I agree totally that we should only give advice if we are 100% sure it is factual 

If it is just personal experience this should be stated in the reply 

It would be a shame if we just directed members to other sources but at times it is the right thing to do 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    In response to above post about pip, at moment they are extending claims with out filling out forms as they have mine, if that helps and with out assesment.
  • woodbine
    Sandy_123 said:
    In response to above post about pip, at moment they are extending claims with out filling out forms as they have mine, if that helps and with out assesment.
    they are indeed but it remains a fact that a claim can still be looked at 6 months before the original end date, these extensions seem to have no real meaning at the moment.

• Sandy_123
    @woodbine I don't know if they are doing them 6 monthly with extended. I think it's because they can't do face to face assessments at moment is reason for extention,  however for what they do at assessment they could do some on Skype or phone.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sandy_123 they are indeed extending see other posts 

But the extensions are just that they are not a review or new award and are due to covid situation 

But as above the review can still take place anytime 
  • woodbine
    @Sandy_123 they have been doing assessments by telephone since the first lockdown and continue to them that way.

• woodbine
    I have to say that I am done trying to help with benefits advice, I know now how poppy felt, I refuse to be made to look like a liar just for trying my best.

• Sandy_123
    @woodbine it's good to have these discussions, highlights things for people.
  • woodbine
    Sandy_123 said:
    @woodbine it's good to have these discussions, highlights things for people.
    its bad that we need them i'm sorry to say.

• Sandy_123
    @woodbine I find you have to research the infornation you need as noone in these departments are going to tell you any thing. Then people get knowledge through going through systems, sometimes we don't do things way we should and learn the hard way, at least here you can read what others know, specially if someone is knew to it. What better people to learn from then us. 
    The people it's designed to help. 
  • Sandy_123
    @cupcake88 hi cupcake,how's you this evening 
  • woodbine
    @Sandy_123 you may have missed most of/some of the bad feeling that erupted here last week which lead to the one person who really knew their stuff on benefits leaving the forum, and it has to be said the one person responsible for that not leaving.
    I rest my case.

• Sandy_123
    @woodbine yes, I didn't see any of that and it's a shame if the person has left. Maybe they will come back in time. 
  • woodbine
    Cress said:
    MSE has a good benefits advice forum...
    The one thing about the MSE forum for benefits its 100% just for that, poppy and i first came across each other there as well, and that's probably where you will find her now.

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness