delete my account — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

delete my account

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 2021 in Coffee lounge
would the powers that be please delete my scope account as and when they see this, I don't know how you have the nerve to delete a thread of mine without any indication it would be or has been deleted.
[removed by moderator - personal attacks]. To all my friends sorry it's come to this i wish you all well. stay safe and keep well
John x
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Please reconsider, I missed what must have happened recently as I was on the phone to my friend. We need people such as your kind self, John. Please don't go....
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Please don't go @woodbine :( 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine I have been looking for that post most of the evening thought I was going blind *well blinder than I am 

I wish you would reconsider even if you keep your account and just pop in now and again to say hi and catch up 

Dont let them drag you down tho I do get it 

I had telling off for sending someone a pm giving them my personal feedback but I have thick skin 

All the best if you do go and to senior management 

Jane 
  • chiarieds
    Have to say as ever I appreciate Mikes's objectivity. To quote, 'I’d rather you stayed and we made the case for fundamental revisions to the running of the benefits forums,' ...tho personally, & this is therefore not objective, feel that there are other things that also need addressing, not just benefits advice, which probably receives the most queries.

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I do not like to see anyone leave due to a personal argument  or disagreement , Surely the ( although i never saw the argument on these pages ) admin should step in before it gets out of hand....Its not always easy to get over what 
    .Was it heavy ..... or was it a small thing that got out of hand. ? .If you feel like leaving then thats ok ...but I would not be to quick to leave . Sometimes its hard to read in between the posts others post online, sometimes ,we read it to sharply .
  • chiarieds
    edited January 2021
    Hi @Seanchai - I missed parts of it too. I think it was the last straw that broke the camel's back. I don't think woodbine wants to leave any more than others have done, as I know this community matters an awful lot to him too. As you said, 'I would not be too quick to leave.' Thank you for that, Gerry.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    @woodbine please reconsider and stay around. I've always admired you and the other Disability Gamechangers for the work you do and for your patience! Rather than leave permanently just take a short break away (virtual). I agree with Mike, you have so much to offer to the running of the forum and any changes that need implementing. Maybe the moderators will takes things more seriously now as really this place is becoming like the 'wild west'. It's hard to believe how quickly this place has gone downhill. BTW I did not see the thread but I can see you would be very angry if one just disappeared when others full of absolute nonsense are 'closed' with all the comments there to see for all time. 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine you have personally attacked me but on your post of you weren't going to give advice on benefits any more  I actually supported you and said even though we don't get on that you are helpful 

It is your choice wether you want to leave or not I dont want anyone to leave but you also have to consider your own actions towards people nobody is perfect and every one makes mistakes 

• Lisatho11987777
    Last night was nothing to do with me it was another member you were unhappy on the thread where the person wants  to close their dla  account  you didn't like another member pointing something out to you  which then caused you to open  your thread that you weren't going to comment on benefits 

Just wanted to clear thst up 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I'm still confused - a member said they didn't want to renew their DLA and give their reasons. Woodbine give some information, and all I did wad add additional information regarding age that was factually correct and from the gov website. Are members not allowed to provide correct information?
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    The information you provided was correct @MarkN88. Don't ever think you shouldn't post something if you think it will add to the discussion.
  • MarkM88
    BrettW said:
    The information you provided was correct @MarkN88. Don't ever think you shouldn't post something if you think it will add to the discussion.
    Thanks for that. I only contribute where I can,  I am far from a benefits expert, but where I do have some knowledge I will contribute. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @MarkN88 sorry I wasn't being disrespectful  to you  woodbine has stated it was myself and Mr Allen that he has named but did nothing last night your information was correct and helpful  but for some reason woodbine didn't like it don't worry about it uou havent done anything wrong ? 
  • MarkM88
    @MarkN88 sorry I wasn't being disrespectful  to you  woodbine has stated it was myself and Mr Allen that he has named but did nothing last night your information was correct and helpful  but for some reason woodbine didn't like it don't worry about it uou havent done anything wrong ? 
    Don’t worry, I didn’t think anyone was been disrespectful, just wondered why my information was causing such distress. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    @woodbine Any beef you have with me is entirely of your own making mate, you had a pop at me on various issues recently, I reported you, the Mods didn't take any action, so I put you on ignore.

Like I just reported you for this topic having a pop at me, I've got permabanned from many a forum for a LOT less.

• Lisatho11987777
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi all

I hope everyone is well.

Firstly, @woodbine we are very sorry to hear that you feel like deleting your account. As others have said, you are a very respected member and your knowledge and contributions would be missed dearly. While we wouldn't want to see you go, of course we completely respect your feelings and decisions, so if you do wish to delete your account would you please email us at community@scope.org.uk so that we can follow the process for this.

Alternatively, if you feel as though a break from the community might benefit you then we can always leave your account in place, so the door is forever open should you decide to return. Your well being is most important so please ensure you do what is best for you.

Regarding the thread from yesterday evening, titled "Benefits advice", I just wanted to explain the situation for the benefit of everyone involved here. The thread has not been deleted, instead it was temporarily removed from public view pending review from the community team.

One of the challenges of forum moderation is to make decisions that safeguard the well being of our members for the moments when we are not around, and in this instance we felt that the thread was veering off the important topic of thanking @woodbine  for his benefit advice. There were already personal comments and disagreements that had the potential to escalate, so we felt the best course of action would be to temporarily remove the thread until the next time the community would be staffed. 

We have reviewed the thread and it will now be moved back into public view and people will be free to comment, because @woodbine deserves all the thanks he gets for his devotion to giving benefit advice on the community. I would just like to urge everybody to stay on the topic, remain respectful and follow the community guidelines. If you have any complaints about how the community is moderated we would welcome you to contact us privately about this, which you can do by emailing community@scope.org.uk or by sending any of @Tori_Scope, @Cher_Scope or @Adrian_Scope a private message on the community.

Finally, like always we would like to remind people to use the "flag" button to report a post to us if you ever feel as though it might breech the community guidelines.  We have recently noticed an upturn in people using this feature, so thank you for that.

All the best
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Glad you had a change of heart @woodbine
    Thanks for sticking with us  :)

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness