Cryptic Questions from DWP call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cryptic Questions from DWP call

Options
Tubz
Tubz Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
I had a tribunal for my PIP (as previously stated. (Thank you to everyone who has offered advice). I still have not received any decision.
Anyway, I was telephoned this afternoon by the DWP who wanted to ask me a couple of questions: "Have I been in hospital,  care or prison since I made the claim?" and are the bank details  they have on file for me still correct?". 
Any idea why would they ask me these questions, especially as i've not even received a decision yet??

Thanks

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tubz maybe  the questions weren't asked when you had  your tribunal so they are checking now that could be one reason 
    This is only my opinion though 

Other people will reply and may be able to help more 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I’ve known people be asked these questions when they are working out payment owed. I can’t guarantee you have won your tribunal but there’s a strong indication it’s good news. 
  • TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Options
    Tubz said:
    I had a tribunal for my PIP (as previously stated. (Thank you to everyone who has offered advice). I still have not received any decision.
    Anyway, I was telephoned this afternoon by the DWP who wanted to ask me a couple of questions: "Have I been in hospital,  care or prison since I made the claim?" and are the bank details  they have on file for me still correct?". 
    Any idea why would they ask me these questions, especially as i've not even received a decision yet??

Thanks
    Hopefully it's good news. Can I ask, was your Tribunal over the phone?
  • Tubz
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)

Yes it was Teddy B22. Does that make a difference in your opinion?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds like good news coming to me. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tubz - You usually get such a call prior to monies getting paid into your bank account. You might receive the money before you get a letter, so I'd keep checking your bank account. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    TeddyB22 said:
    Tubz said:

Thanks
    Hopefully it's good news. Can I ask, was your Tribunal over the phone?
    They have all been done by phone for months now
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tubz
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I do hope you're right... my anxiety has been through the roof since my tribunal! ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try to take it easy @Tubz, do what you can to manage your anxiety and fingers crossed it will be good news.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.