Is it normal to be asked questions around social media, TV, hot drinks, and PJs during assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to be asked questions around social media, TV, hot drinks, and PJs during assessment?

c2208
c2208 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey I had my pip assessment after she arrived at my home early, I had some questions asking if I used social media watched tv, made hot drinks also asked how many times I changed my pj’s a week and pants? Do you no what this was relating to ? 

Comments

• c2208
    also asked how many times I bathed.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @c2208, this will be just be asking about the daily living component of PIP and will assess how independent you can be. I hope you found it okay.

If you'd like a copy of the report then you can ring up and request it a week after your assessment. This should give you an indication about what points the assessor gave you. It is rare the decision maker goes against the report.

Very best of luck!
    Scope

• c2208
    @Chloe_Tear hey thanks for reply yeah I said I don’t use social media as I don’t and I don’t really watch tv, I dress about 3 times a week and wash a couple a week due to staying in, do this go against me or do u score points on this as I’m not sure what it falls under on form
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately it's not possible to say if these would go against you or not as it is up to the assessor. I appreciate how stressful this can be and I hope you don't have to wait long for a decision. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    hello and welcome, being asked the questions you posted suggests the HP was trying to find out how you managed personal hygiene, bathing and changing cloths. As for watching TV and using tablet or a PC to use social media could also suggest your abilities to use technology and understand its usage.  Ring DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you will be able to work out what your award maybe but you have to wait for the official award letter notification.
  • c2208
    Hey thank you for reply I had the assessment Tuesday am I best ringing next week for report ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    c2208 said:
    Hey thank you for reply I had the assessment Tuesday am I best ringing next week for report ?
    Yes, waiting a week is best just to make sure both copies have been received. If you put a mobile number down on the form they will text once the report has been received back.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mehey
    mehey Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hey have u heard anything 
  • mehey
    Has anyone had assessment Jan and had decision thanks
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Had my assessment on 18th and requested my report two days later after the DWP messaged me to say they had received it. Received the report on 22nd. Just waiting for a decision now
  • mehey
    I had mine 11th the wait is so long 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Most people wait about 6-8 weeks for a decision but it varies from area to area and there are no set timescales. 

Have you requested a copy of your report? That will give you an indication of what the outcome is likely to be as the majority of the time the decision maker will go with what’s recommended. 
  • mehey
    No I have tried to ring but on hold to long will try again today thanks 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Yeah. I find the best time to contact them is as soon as they open in the morning. 
  • mehey
    Anyone had news 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Nope @mehey. To be fair I'm not expecting to hear anything until at least February but who knows DWP may surprise me. A lot of the time successful applicants find that their first payment goes into their bank before they receive a decision.
  • tricky69
    tricky69 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Any one had word from pip yet 
  • mehey
    No nothing when was ur assessment 
  • tricky69
    tricky69 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    My asses was 22nd jan got a text saying they got report just a waiting game now I aslo phoned them today and was told it could take up to 8 weeks hope not 
  • mehey
    Yes mines was 11th need to ring for report really 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.