Who else is a fan of Wrestling? Lets share our experiences! :) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who else is a fan of Wrestling? Lets share our experiences! :)

MPowell_1991
MPowell_1991 Community member Posts: 83 Courageous
Hi all.

From around 2003, my brother introduced me to his love of wrestling, i must have only been 11 or so at the time. Ever since i watched my first episode, i have been hooked. I have been fortunate to have attended several events in various locations across the UK (namely London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester & Brighton) - sometimes though, i missed out on tickets as wheelchair seating is extremley limited, i found this was the case most notably at the 02 Arena in London) 

I have also been fortunate enough to have attended Wrestlemania Week - Both times in New Orleans, Louisiana in April 2014 for WrestleMania 30 and April 2018 for WrestleMania 34. I was fortunate enough to meet a whole array of my idols on both occasions and it's certainly an experience i won't forget.

Please feel free to share your memories below.

Talk soon, Michael

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited January 2021
    I've been a fan since the early 80s, when we used to watch World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon, that was "proper" wrestling not the staged WWE stuff.

And I've been to many a show including Indie shows and WWE shows, in fact lockdown permitting there's a WWE Show coming up at the FlyDSA Arena here in Sheffield at the end of April.

In November 2005, I attended a WWE Raw taping at the Arena in Sheffield, the last episode before the 2005 Survivor Series, and then in 2009 I attended another one at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, I've also attended Smackdown tapings here in Sheffield and also Raw and Smackdown "House shows" in Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham.

I've also attended 3 different British Wrestling Revolution shows in Cleethorpes and a Revolution Pro Wrestling event in Doncaster, we left before the end of that though as Dad was shocked at the very bloody hardcore main event.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I have never been a fan but our son was and in the early 90's i took him and his mate to Sheffield arena to see World wide wrestling, he loved it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness