Transferring to UC from IR ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transferring to UC from IR ESA

Options
corbyxx
corbyxx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi just looking for a bit of advice, i currently receive ESA support group but i was thinking of transferring onto UC - do they need to know who i live with as i live with parents and siblings

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you checked that you will be better of on UC ? It might be worth a chat with local welfare rights or using a benefits checker like "turn2us"
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• corbyxx
    corbyxx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    i did do a benefit calculation and it said i would be better off on universal credit
  • woodbine
    Options
    Then that might be the way to go, but do be aware that UC is currently boosted by £20 per week, which will end in April unless he extends it in the budget on March 3rd

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

In answer to your question yes they will want to know about your living arrangements and associated costs 

Not sure if you need to say who you live with but if you pay rent or anything 

Have a look at the application form online to see 
  • Holly35
    Holly35 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    Please don't transfer just for the money. Once you are on UC you are on it and there's no going back
  • woodbine
    Options
    Holly35 said:
    Please don't transfer just for the money. Once you are on UC you are on it and there's no going back
    excellent advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.