Won tribunal case yesterday, and current claim expires 7/11. Do I have to start the process again? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won tribunal case yesterday, and current claim expires 7/11. Do I have to start the process again?

elgee93
elgee93 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I won a tribunal case yesterday 26/01/2021 for the mobility component of DLA for my daughter.

I applied for this in December 2019 so it’s been a very long process and lots of knock backs.

Her current claim expires on 7/11/2021 for renewal as she will then be 5.

I am concerned this means I will have to start the entire process all over again after it taking over a year to finally get her entitlement.

As well as that concern, the whole fight has been to get a mobility car and you need 12 months left on the award to be able to trade in your allowance for a car.

So I’ve won the tribunal but still cannot get what we’ve been fighting for.

I am now awaiting letter from DWP, will they extend the award as it’s only just gone to tribunal or will I be expected to continue to struggle until I renew and possibly have to go through the knock backs all over again?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.