Is it normal to be asked questions around social media, TV, hot drinks, and PJs during assessment? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to be asked questions around social media, TV, hot drinks, and PJs during assessment?

Comments

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I got my report 4 days after having the assessment. The assessment was on the 18th Jan, Got a text on the afternoon of the 19th to say DWP had the report so I rang the following day on the 20th to request the report. It dropped through my letterbox on the 22nd.

If you receive a text from DWP to say they have received your report you can request it then otherwise its a case of you might have to wait 7 days.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    BrettW said:
    I got my report 4 days after having the assessment. The assessment was on the 18th Jan, Got a text on the afternoon of the 19th to say DWP had the report so I rang the following day on the 20th to request the report. It dropped through my letterbox on the 22nd.

If you receive a text from DWP to say they have received your report you can request it then otherwise its a case of you might have to wait 7 days.
    That’s quick that. 

I remember my mum waited nearly 3 weeks for hers to be sent back to DWP, hers was chosen for audit. 
  • BrettW
    The only difference to my claim over others @MarkN88 is that I chose to do everything electronically. I didn't fill out a paper form instead did an electronic one that was then uploaded to DWP via an upload site.

Maybe they are fast tracking these types of applications to see how well the system is working because I think its a new system they are testing out. Who knows?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW a few people i have helped have done it electronically  mainly new claims its alot faster 
  • BrettW
    How many people have you helped with the electronic system @lisathomas50 and how fast has their application been processed? What did they have to say about the system overall?
  • MarkM88
    Yes I remember you saying you had done it electronically. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW so far only 10 people   8 of my clients  didn't need much help uploading or filling everything in and managed to send it off without much hassle 

2 of my clients found it difficult to upload their evidence I think the uploading is difficult if you had to do it on your own  and the sending it because you have to move things around 

If they did it the same as universal credit it would be alot easier when I had to upload a document for a client they sent me a link and it was done no messing around 

It varied eith my clients they had notifications of receipt of everything and a phone call  and messages 

Regards the time it took to get their award back was quite good 4 of my clients came back within 5 weeks  3 of my clients within 6 weeks  the others were only done three weeks ago thst was hard trying to help someone on facetime doing it 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW did you think it was straightforward  your good at computers and things though  

As I said I think if it was done like universal credit it would be alot easier 
  • BrettW
    Oh sounds like they might have different systems in place then for electronic submission. They way they did mine was like Universal Credit. They sent me me a text with links for both the form and the submission. Didn't have to move anything around just had to select the file like you do on here with an image and then it uploaded. 

Must be using a different submission model in Wales to England 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW it was a trial thing I think I had to write a report after but I suggested it would be easier to do it like universal credit 

I let you know I got two more to do in two weeks   
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW thats similar to how they uploaded but it was on another screen so then to submit you had to go to the second screen 

Would it make a difference to the device thst someone uses and thst why it was on two different screens ???? 
  • BrettW
    Actually made a mistake with that last comment it was an email they sent me not a text :smile:
  • BrettW
    To be fair I wouldn't recommend filling it out on a smartphone but it is possible to do so. You have a lot of information to put on your form and using a proper keyboard makes the task a lot easier to type it in.

Can't understand why it would need 2 screens to be honest. The link I had took me right to the upload section of the site
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW it was done on a smart phone with a couple of my clients 

It all worked and went off  only 2 found it a bit harder 
  • mehey
    mehey Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Just ringing dwp now they said someone looking at my form now but cant see decision 
  • MarkM88
    mehey said:
    Just ringing dwp now they said someone looking at my form now but cant see decision 
    It will be with a decision maker and therefore no decision has been made yet. 
  • mehey
    They said if I ring mon will have decision had my assessment 11th xx
  • mehey
    Got a letter today after telephoning to say they have all info they need 
  • BrettW
    @mehey did the person say what made them think they would have a decision on Monday if they couldn't see a decision on their system today?
  • mehey
    @BrettW they said a decision has just been made she spoke to case worker who said letter wont b uploaded till tonight 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.