I missed a call from UC. I logged on, and have a message from my DM. What might this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I missed a call from UC. I logged on, and have a message from my DM. What might this mean?

Laff91
Laff91 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited January 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, new to the site but have been here looking for advice before.
I had a phone call this morning form UC which unfortunately I missed, which I then logged on to my UC to check for messages.
I have a message from a decision maker, which I can only assume its to make a change in my benefits.
Has anyone else had this before? I suffer with depression & anxiety and as you can imagine I'm worrying like no tomorrow, but I can't really find anything or anyone that's had the same situation.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Have you had any sort of assessment you are waiting for a decision on ? 

They dont just change your benefits without a change occurring or change to your circumstances 

What benefits are you claiming? 
  • Laff91
    I claim UC and Employment Support Allowance, nothing has changed circumstances wise, I had a health assessment a few months back which I filled all the paperwork in and sent back, however I never heard anything back.
    So I could only assume it’s regarding this.
  • janer1967
    Hi again yes I would have thought it was to do with the assessment it can take a while for a decision 

I suggest you either wait for another call or try and ring them and ask to speak to your case manager 

If you dont speak to them they will contact you by letter 
  • Laff91
    Yeah it’s the only thing I could really think of as well.
    Probably nothing to really worry about but I can’t help it.
    I've responded to the message on my UC so just a waiting game I guess.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    janer1967 said:
    If you dont speak to them they will contact you by letter 
    For UC there will be no letters. All communication is phone or through the UC journal.
    Laff91 - important thing is that you have responded on your journal. Keep checking it in case there are more messages for you.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    @calcotti

When I had my WCA I was sent the decision by letter and the mr decision too 
  • calcotti
    janer1967 said:
    @calcotti

When I had my WCA I was sent the decision by letter and the mr decision too 
    Was that for UC or ESA?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    It was UC but it was nearly 4 years ago 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Laff91 - I just wanted to welcome you to the community, & hope your stress levels are now coming down. Please let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • calcotti
    janer1967 said:
    Very surprised at that. I certainly wouldn't expect letters to be issued.
  • janer1967
    calcotti said:
    janer1967 said:
    I am only sharing my experience I still have the letters as I save every bit of correspondence 

All other correspondence has been on my journal 
  • Laff91
    Thank you everyone for responding.
    Stress levels have gone down a little.
    I will keep checking my UC, but for now I guess I just have to wait.
    Do you think it's possible to lose my benefits from this? As I've been claiming ESA for a few years now, and never really had any issues. That's if it's regarding my ESA, and not my UC. I don't think it could be my UC as I stated the only thing I never heard back from was my health assessment which was months back.
  • calcotti
    janer1967 said:
    calcotti said:
    janer1967 said:
    I am only sharing my experience I still have the letters as I save every bit of correspondence 

All other correspondence has been on my journal 
    6 years ago would have been very early in UC rollout - to the best of my knowledge letters are not now issued. however I am not a benefits claimant so others may correct me.
  • calcotti
    Laff91 said:
    Do you think it's possible to lose my benefits from this? As I've been claiming ESA for a few years now, and never really had any issues. That's if it's regarding my ESA, and not my UC. I don't think it could be my UC as I stated the only thing I never heard back from was my health assessment which was months back.
    If there is a message in UC journal I don't this this can relate solely to your ESA. The health assessment outcome will in any case be applied to both ESA and UC. Although the assessment was months ago the process is that you have an assessment, the health assessor writes their report and sends it to DWP and then a DWP Decision Maker makes a decision about your benefits. Usually the DM will follow the report.
  • Laff91
    calcotti said:
    Laff91 said:
    If there is a message in UC journal I don't this this can relate solely to your ESA. The health assessment outcome will in any case be applied to both ESA and UC. Although the assessment was months ago the process is that you have an assessment, the health assessor writes their report and sends it to DWP and then a DWP Decision Maker makes a decision about your benefits. Usually the DM will follow the report.
    Ok, i'll just wait and hope for the best. I'm probably worrying over something stupid, but that's just part of my mental health.

• janer1967
    @calcotti I said 4 years ago not 6 
  • calcotti
    janer1967 said:
    @calcotti I said 4 years ago not 6 
    That was a typo on my part! Even so full digital roll out of UC was not completed until December 2018 so I think procedures may have been different before then
  • janer1967
    That is exactly the reason why I said it was a while ago !!!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.