Lost PIP Tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost PIP Tribunal

2»

Comments

• JS69
    JS69 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi guys, I requested a transcript of the case and they’ve sent me a form EX107. I’ve started filling it in but there’s a section asking about payment and invoicing details ??‍♀️
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    JS69 said:
    Hi guys, I requested a transcript of the case and they’ve sent me a form EX107. I’ve started filling it in but there’s a section asking about payment and invoicing details ??‍♀️
    I may be wrong, but isn't that because they charge you for an actual transcript?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @markn88 you could say that you can't afford to pay 

• MarkM88
    @markn88 you could say that you can't afford to pay 

Ah right, that's good to know then, I wasn't sure so thought it would be best to just post the relevant link. 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Saying that though Lisa doesn't necessarily mean they will agree to send one without it.

I'd say the fact they are even asking for a payment suggests you wont get one without paying the requested fee
  • JS69
    I rang the courts to ask and the lady said you don’t need to pay for a statement of reason, so she suggested I fill it in and return it without filling in that part 
  • MarkM88
    JS69 said:
    I rang the courts to ask and the lady said you don’t need to pay for a statement of reason, so she suggested I fill it in and return it without filling in that part 
    In that case it seems you have the wrong form, the EX107 form is for a transcript of the hearing, as I linked above, a statement of reasons is a totally different thing. 
  • BrettW
    edited January 2021
    Thats good news then @JS69. Glad you've got it sorted. I wonder if the courts do take a fee if you fill that section in without querying it?
  • BrettW
    I'm sure I read on another post recently that the Statement of Reason is written by the judge in their spare time so you might have to wait a while to receive it if I am remembering correctly

• JS69
    MarkN88 said:
    JS69 said:
    In that case it seems you have the wrong form, the EX107 form is for a transcript of the hearing, as I linked above, a statement of reasons is a totally different thing. 
    This is the form they sent me after emailing them asking for a statement of reason ??‍♀️
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW on the link that is posted  it says if you cant afford it to give your reasons but it seans the person has the wrong form 
  • MarkM88
    JS69 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    JS69 said:
    This is the form they sent me after emailing them asking for a statement of reason ??‍♀️
    I would maybe query with them as it doesn’t seem right. 
  • BrettW
    Sounds like whoever has processed your request has misunderstood what you were requesting from the court and has sent you a form to request a transcript of what was said rather than the statement of reasons. I'd do what Mark has suggested above and get back in touch with them rather than going through the process of sending in your application and waiting however long just to receive something that you didn't ask for in the first place.
  • JS69
    Ok I will, I checked my sent emails and I definitely asked for a statement  of reasons 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.